Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Powder Coating Speedlines

I was thinking of getting my speedlines redone. Not sure whether to just refurb the wheels back to standard or as they at the shop, get them changed to a diff colour?

Whats made me think of this is what someone did to their GTI6 (see pic). They got theirs powdered in white and I like it. Now I'm not thinking of doing it in white but poss a diff shade.

Has anyone changed their speedys? Any pics/thoughts? My C is Aqua Blue Pearl.

hmm, maybe a darker colour, but in all honesty the standard colour freshly refurbed looks superb, I always think 'coloured' standard rims look a bit nasty, thats just me though!

Even in a anthracite or gunmetal grey type thing?

This is a very nice colour, very understated, which suits the corrado quite nicely. 8)

Then again you cant beat the standard silver colour of the speedlines.

Even in a anthracite or gunmetal grey type thing?

Sure ive seen a C with these colour speedlines. looks first class.

:)

Just gone down to my local place. He would paint them and put a strong laquer on as opposed to powder coating.

His words were "powder coating is slightly stronger than paint & laquer but you can get/match any colour you want with paint". He had several alloys hes just finished and they were mint as well as having good word of mouth. He also fully guarantees the wheels.

£45 per corner, 3 days to do all at once.

He recommended gun metal grey on my car as well. Good pic of yours, gives a good idea of it! Even similar blue to mine.

Hmm, thinking, thinking!

Pristine do refurbs for £50 a corner and have a very good rep (not sure if that includes carriage to/from you tho), but if you've seen this guy's work, then it's worth a shot.

Mines have been done in a slightly darker than standard powdercoat with a sparkle effect through them, you can see them glinting slightly in the light when its dark out. Looks pretty good and the powdercoat is very tough, have scraped a few kerbs and they look fine where standard paint would have came straight off.