Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

gearbox mount sheared off

just bought a vr6 engine car,but theres a problem with the gearbox mount,it has sheared off at the studs,i know 1 stud goes through the gearbox casting & comes out the other side(so the end of the stud is on view) but not sure about the other 2

Any ideas on things i can do?

Which one has gone - one of the M8 bolts or the M10 (assuming we're talking about the cast bracket that bolts onto the gearbox)?

Or do you mean the bolt that goes into the mount itself?

If the former, remove all the other bolts that go though this bracket (with the engine supported - obviously) and slide it off. Then have at the remains of the bolt with penetrating oil/blowtorch using molegrips to unscrew the remains. "Trick Tip" - heat the end of the remaining bolt until it goes yellow, then clamp the Molegrips on while its still soft. Once it's cooled, it will undo without problems.

If there isn't much left, try penetrating oil/blowtroch and an Easy-out.

Presumably Mike and/or the forum will get a cut of the profit you make from selling the car on after you've fixed it using the advice you received? :?

dinkus you can see im a CF Donator.

mike ill send you a photo :wink:

if all 3 bolts into the gearbox have snapped like you said i should be able to see 2 of the bolts from the other side,the middle one goes in to the gearbox.