Sign in to follow this  
pwf

Front fog light glass

When I bought my car I didn't take too much notice of the broken fog light glass, until I got it home and tried to get a replacement! Around £60 each seems very high to me when all I need is a replacement glass. Anyway, I was wondering if there are others out there with the same problem, because I was thinking of having some made, they would have to be plastic not glass but would otherwise be identical. They seem to be held in place by silicon sealant (ie bath sealer) so would be easy to replace. If anybody is interested, mail me back and if there are enough takers I'll get a price.

Cheers,

Phil

would they be clear plastic then they would go with my in-pro lights. I would be intrested if they were

I would be interested if they are clear as my fogs look a bit yellow

indicators aren't as expensive from vw. I think they are about £25 + VAT each. I think the new ones are clearer as well.

would be great if they were clear. can you make the indicator lenses in clear too

another vote for the clear - but it would have to be for both fogs and indicators otherwise they would look silly.

I believe the problem with the fogs is due to the extremely high temperature the glass is subjected to as opposed to stone chips etc. Would a plastic replacement not discolour rather quickly with the heat?

i cant remember last time i turned my fogs on to be honest, just hate the way they dont match the Inpro Front lights

feck it, if I can have clear ones over the originals, I wouldn't care if I couldn't use them for more than show. I don't usually anyways!

Are the originals made out of glass, by the way?

yep originals are glass and they are held on with silicon sealant am sure there was/is a group buy for these as i got some. very easy to replace....

Actually I don't think I would want them as clear that as I haven't got inpros, I think I prefer the look of the ones in Kev's thread just can't be ar$ed to get them shipped over from the states.

Defintely count me in if clear ones could be made! - 'Bout time Corrado onwers can update the look of the front of their cars like all the other VW owners! If you don't do it In-Pro surely will eventually?? (although hopefully not like the angel eyes that they produced - I'm not a huge fan of those!)

Both of mine are cracked. I was gonna fit blackouts over them, but they need to be repaced anyway, signal lenses too. Im in ,let me know prices, If you can do it from "across the pond".

I did the Rally light mod. They fit ok...but I didn't like the look and the pattern on the Rally lens is different also. They are smaller than the factory lights. I eventually just sprung and bought the original ones.

Rally

Corrado_046.sized.jpg

Factory VW

Corrado_084.sized.jpg

I much prefer the look of the factory fit and finish. The Rally for me was something very temporary.

Same with the blinkers...just pony up the cash and get the VW ones...your not going to beat the quality.