Sign in to follow this  
polog40racer

Corrado Racer

A few pics of my friend's Corrado with its new rollcage, just been fabricated to FIA spec. More of the spec is a 400-450bhp engine, alcon brakes, brent dog box, rear wing, 17" wheel and slicks, floor mounted pedal box, etc. Weight about 1000kg. Abit behind schedule to start this season's racing in April but it'll be out at some point in the TRC this year. Bad quality pics, (not taken by me) but you can see where it goes.

Edit: Pics thumbnailed - dinkus

it was going to be AWD but i think it'll be sticking with FWD. Think a FWD BTCC car (but DTM styled), that'll be what it'll be like. I think the reason not to go 4wd from an Audi is that it is only mechanically 4wd and not fully electronic 4wd, i.e. its not a 'proper 4wd system' (what Mike T said) as the audi uses TCS to control the torque distribution so you'd have to use the full Audi wiring ecu and loom, even though the engine ECU is DTA, or the 4wd system be mapped itself. at least thats how i understand it, Mike Truelock at jabbasport is the one how said about it and why not to use it, he reckoned it'd be fine and still a top class A runner with FWD. Engine is all steel 2.0 20v turbo with an over boost function.

The Discovery is a camera car apparently. The photos were taken off a ford RS2000 forum that the guy who made the rollcage works for.

right click, save as, right click, save as, right click, save as, right click, save as, right click, save as,

awesome!! mine will be going in for similar treatment shortly