Sign in to follow this  
dojodubber

CORRADO 1.8 16V

Hello guys new to the forum but not to vw dubs

been considering a corrado for years what do you guys think of the 1.8 16v models are they better to drive then the later 2.0 16v models

also how much should i pay for a mint one (not in red)

does anyone know of any good orginal or very lighlty modded

are the eraly ones before the face lift sort? or are the later models a better buy?

i like the look of the early ones when did the look change and what are the rare colurs?

many more questions guys hi and great forum Gurv

Hello and welcome.

1.8 16v verses 2.0 16v has been discussed many times before, so it's well worth using the search to see what has already been mentioned.

2.0 16v models are a little more torquey at low revs, but either go ok. Out of preference I would go for the 2.0, which is what I have got. I think the change over was 1992.

Cost is a tricky area, you should be able to get a nice 2.0 16v for £2000. You can have mine for £3500 if you like, totally mint no dents or rust and plenty of go, see my signature for spec :wink:

I bought the 1.8 because, at the time, they were cheaper. The cost differential between the 1.8 and the 2.0 is now much less. Personally, I'm happy with the 1.8 but I do think my friend's 2.0 is slightly nicer to drive day-to-day and it offers better economy.

I've owned both and i think the 1.8 is great fun, feels a little rawer but for myself i'd go for the 2.0 just for that little bit more torque and refinement. My 2p's worth

I'd have the 2.0, stick the 1.8 inlet cam in to take the power up (can you believe there are 2.0 owners who haven't done this yet...?!), and enjoy having the late-spec interior and body...