Sign in to follow this  
djemmo

Which corrado

Which corrado should I buy ? the time has come for me to buy a corrado, I've had various vw's in the past including a very nice scirocco, should I buy the 1.8 ot the 2.0l 16v( bearing in mind that I have to insure it so my 21 year old son can drive it )or should I buy a golf gti which there seems to be more of a choice. Dave

hello djemmo, welcome to the forum mate, the ultimate choice is yours my friend, you can check out the search for the different views on corrado ownership, i quess the insurance may be the deciding influence at the end of the day

Welcome to the forum.

It's a good question actually as most people are usually after a VR or G60. I haven't driven both the valvers so can't really comment much but I would say take a look at The CF.NET Corrado Buying Guide & Checklist before handing any cash over!

I would also say go for a C over a goof! There's a reason for the big choice of golfs, Corrados are much more exclusive!

Welcome!

Again, i cant say which to go for between 1.8 & 2.0, as i've only owned a 1.8. However, i can say both are good choices! Comparably the 1.8 is slower than the golf equivilent due to the extra weight, but insurance is cheaper!

I'm sure your sons gonna be very happy with either!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Firstly here's a couple of recent topics on the C and engine options

here

and here

I went for a 2.0 rather than the 1.8 as it develops more torque and you benefit from it having a later interior and the later body panels... there are a lot of differences between the 2 to be honest and they both feel very different to drive! The 1.8 revs higher than the 2.0 (which red lines at 6.5K like a VR) and the weight on the gear shift is lighter on the 2.0!

I'd suggest driving both TBH and see which one you prefer! They both have the same BHP but like I said the 2.0 gives you more torque...

HTH

EDIT: And there's more here

and here...

To be honest there is a ton of info on here about the 16V, G60 and VR engines so I'm going to lock this up... the forum also has a search function which can be very useful too by the way ;)