Sign in to follow this  
PhillT

New guy after some advise

Hi everyone, not sure If I've got the right section.. hope so

basically just after a bit of advice

been on at a mate of mine for ages about selling me his G60 engine who's finally agreed to sell it to me

but it'll be running around 290Bhp+ as the chargers gone and it's half way through a turbo conversion (needs a manifold to finish).

that will be too much for my Mk1 Golf really so I'm going to buy the whole car off him

it's missing all interior, roof needs a respray and there's a couple of trolley dents in the wings, it's Midnight blue, all the running gear etc. is standard

can anyone give me an idea how much the shell's worth?

hopefully going to get the lot off him and rebuild it as a weekend/track car.. and part time daily drive when the Mk1's off the road for major work

any help would be great

nice site by the way :wink:

welcome :).

that all sounds like fun......no idea on a price tho, have you tryed ringing round scrapys and brakers for a price?

Cheers for the welcome rolex

I've not phoned around anywhere yet, thought I'd try the forum's first

thinking around £300 for a rolling shell that needs a bit of paint would be fair? I've not seen it yet so there may be some rust that needs taking care of

it realy varies i think bannanman sold his for almost nothing £200 iirc and it was in vgc! but if it were a late vr with all the bumpers etc it may be worth up to a grand,, a fair g60 is prob worth arounf 300 if you really want it. £300 would be cheap!