Sign in to follow this  
exturbo2003

seriosly peeved

on my way to trax yesterday ( good show and got a few bargins) i had a burn up with a golf mk4 gti, and it mullered me :oops: . we went around a rounderbout at 40 and hit the gas and he pulled away from me :mad: . at 100 he had about 6 car lengths on me and then kept pulling as mine doesnt go over 120 :oops: . i have a rebuilt and flowed charger, a 68 mm pulley and an SNS chip. i think i should have beaton him or am i dreaming :(

My G60 used to keep up with a friends mk4 1.8Turbo until he got a revo chip for it, then it was putting out about 215 bhp!!! :shock:

What is the idea of the red i on gti anyway?

I had a little coming together with audi tt 225 the other day and absolutely obliterated it I would have thought even if the GTi was a T model you should have easily kept up with it I think your ignition timing or fuel ratios must be well out if you can only muster up a measly 120mph as mine pulls hard all the way up to 150mph and then it gets a bit scary but I reckon it will go to 160mph-165mph if I had the balls to actually attempt it( on private roads of course :D )

biggrim

The red "I" means that it is turbo charged - 150bhp unless it is the anniversary model which is 180bhp I think?!My mate has a 180bhp A3 Quattro and my standard VR6 is quicker to 100mph,his is quicker to 60 - damn 4WD.

I think that Bananaman is the most knowledgable G60 owner on here,judging by what he has spent on his and its spec now - so good for well up to 165mph has to be what exturbo2003 has to aim at to blow that Flagship MarkIV Golf....

John

I thought the red "I" meant that it was turbo'd to some meaty amount (180bhp) but there is a whole lot of confusion over the badges now that I think about it. Is there not a post on here that discussed the MKIV badging in greater detail? If exturbo's G60 is struggling to get past 120mph (on private roads) then there must be some sort of problem with the way his car is running.

The badge thing is hella confusing :? :?

i have a 18T with a red T ( :lol: leather Recaro's) i know that some of the early ones dont have the red T.

i think VW want to point out the difference between the non turbo 20v and the turbo 20v thus the "red T"

VW have droped thr non turbo 20v from the range now and replaced with the old 2.0L 8v :?

then kept pulling as mine doesnt go over 120

As Banana says... it should pull hard up to 140 and beyond... my standard car does and its due for a plug service and charger rebuild (@ 80k)

well thats peeved me off even more

it was an 03 model and had no red i on the back

timing is done to point of pinking then backed off a bit and is running optimax fuel.

co pot set to 500 ohms as its a sns chip

car hits 1 bar of boost at 5800 rpm

HELLLLLPPPPPPPP

then kept pulling as mine doesnt go over 120

As Banana says... it should pull hard up to 140 and beyond... my standard car does and its due for a plug service and charger rebuild (@ 80k)

When I first picked my G60 up she was running like a pile of poo and I still did 145 according to the speedo without realising it on my way over to Jabba to get the charger rebuilt...

me: "why is everything on this road going so damn slow..."

speedo: "'cos you're doing 145!"

me: "oh $#!{!!!!!"

Brakes: "squuuuuueeeeeeeaaalllll!!!!" :lol: :oops: :lol:

Yeah, even my 115bhp 2-ton 1992 Cavalier would haul it's lardy arse to more than 126 on it's speedo without too much complaint..

Sounds like something's not right there, mate.. :?