Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

A Newbie

Well after 3 months of searching and advice from this forum, I'm now the owner of a totally standard G60 with cream leather and just 68K on the clock!

Really chuffed!

Have a few queries though if anyone can help me with:-

On mild acceleration I can hear a knocking / resonance which I think is coming from the exhaust pipe where it passes over the rear beam. Had a quick look and there appears to be red rust (dust) on the exhaust pipe where its been rubbing on the rear axle beam. How big a job is it to get the exhaust clearance correct on these cars?

Drivers side elec window, speaker and mirror adjustment don't work. I suspect a simple wiring fault. Any ideas?

The previous owner had window tints fitted, how easy are they to remove as a couple are beginning to bubble?

That's about it - but it's a great car.

Cheers in advance

wel done on the new purchase :thumbleft: you`ll have to get a few pics up so we can all admire your new ride.

as far as the faults go, it`s going to be a matter of getting under the c and checking that an exhaust hanger hasnt broken, it shouldnt be a problem to sort out, as for the electrical faults it could be something simple like a fuse or connector block somewhere....have a good look in the search fella 8)

Glad you're happy with your purchase!

Might be worth checking what fuses your window/speaker/mirror works off first. Then look at taking off the door card and having a gander at the wiring...

I have no idea about window tints but if they're bubbling it can't be that hard to get it off surely?

Thanks guys,

Well my 'all original' illusion has just been shattered - my car has the later door cards! Perhaps I didn't do enough research after all!!!

Whipped it off tonight to find the old 6 way connector loom and an 8 way pin-out on the switch. Will cut the connector off and use spade crimps directly onto the switch as per the knowledge base!

Connectors hanging off the window switch & speaker so they are now sorted. Nice to see some quality JBL speakers in there too.

Will get some piccies up at the w/e once I've got it all back together.

Cheers

cool, sounds good mate.. sounds like the probs are easy to fix, and late interior is a good thing!

Looking forward to pics.. May be a girly question, but what colour is the car!?

Thanks!

Burgundy or purple - LC3Y (Sad or what knowing the colour code)

Just need to get the exhaust sorted & get rid of that 'orrible window tint!

Also have a momo Champion wheel to fit to replace the bus like original.

Happy days!

Burgundy or purple - LC3Y (Sad or what knowing the colour code)

Nah, it's not that sad. Knowing the colour code of other people's cars that aren't even the same colour as yours is tho...

LC3Y ooooh! that'll look lovely with cream leather.. ala A20 LEE!

Eh Baz? ;) :lol:

dinkus,

firstly, I have no job. colour codes are all i have. :cry:

secondly, I have owned a rado in LC3Y. :fist:

thirdly, When i came to sell my old car, it was still in one piece. :lol:

Cheers for all the comments

Well the VR6 / G60 one was a tough one. I drove a VR I wanted a VR, I drove a G60 I wanted I G60.

With the money I spent I could have bought a latish VR, but nothing in my life is straight forward so there you go!

At least I'll only be using it as a second car, so I shouldn't rack up too many miles on it.

IOW, I had a look at the exhaust and it's very close to the rear beam wotsit, even when the car is unloaded, so I hope that's the problem.

LC3Y ooooh! that'll look lovely with cream leather.. ala A20 LEE!

Is it not LC3U?? Mine is and its the same colour as lee's, dark burgundy pearl, awesome

I had the very same problem with my zorst when I lowered my Rado, I put jublee clips round the rubber exhaust mounts to take up the slack and lift the exhaust! Works a treat! Dont tighten them up too much tho coz you will loose the flexability in the exhaust system!

Yeah it's very dark but the service book does say LC3Y though

Nipped over to see the folks on Sunday & my mum thought it was brown - it was peeing it down though!

I like the idea with the rubber hangers veedub.

Roll on the weekend