Sign in to follow this  
Leavon

VW Grill badge mystery....

I ordered a new badge from VW last year and the replacement I received isn't the same as the original, it has a large black plastic surround that makes it sit proud of the grill. I'm pretty sure that the original used to sit inside the grill and was flush with the face of it? I can no longer prove this to my local stealer as I threw the old tarnished one away. He reckons that there is only one on etka (that also fits a Passat), I suspect that they stopped make a Rado one and figured that the Passat one "fits". Can anyone confirm this for me, or even provide me with a part number off the original badge? Or am I going mad :cuckoo:

Please no comments along the lines of "ditch the badge" or "get a black one", I like the VW logo on the front of my car and I like it in silver, like the good lord VW intended.

GPC sell a pattern part which is structurally identical to the original part, though it proved a complete git to get in without breaking the whole thing ..

they all come like that,, for a corrado you just need to gently take of the black surround and you are sorted,,

at least thats what i did with mine,,

Ahhhh, okay I'll try that later and see if that sorts it. It's bugged me for ages.

cheers.

i had the same with a grill i got from ebay, although i took off the outer black bit and the badge is too small. Maybe the previous owner wedged it in and has stretched my hole? :shocked!:

I bought brand new ones (front and back) from fleabay, genuine parts, the other month and they both fit fine.

These ones, admittedly they are Black though:

Badges