Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

G60 Enigne

Seeing as me inscomp have given me the option of repair or write off car, I was just wondering how much my G60 engine would be worth in todays market?

Its pretty much a standard engine around 170k miles but in awesome condition. Charger was only rebuilt 3k miles ago by PSD, Ported and running a 68mm pulley making just over 1bar/15psi boost. Recently made 180bhp/182ftlb Torque on the UK's most accurate rolling road @ silverstone (apparently) and thats with clutch slip!

Would it be worth more if i sold the charger and engine seperate?

Ive got loads of other bits on her that would be coming up for sale as well, such as FK coilovers (less than 5k miles), Tarox G88 front brakes (less than 5k miles) as well as all the usual stuff.

the milage may put a few peeps off,but if she's been looked after i'm sure it would sell maybe for a g60 golf conversion or even to someone whos engines fecked

could be interested in the coilovers,in the next mth or so and would be interested in seein a list of what u might be sellin

Just looked at pics of your car and it is nice, so would be a shame. But Im sure you get a fair bit for the engine, and other parts.

For example, id be interested in your rear lights ;)

So does anyone have an idea how much i should ask for this engine? Or in fact how much for the Charger and engine seperate?

I'm still in negotiation mode with the ins.comp. so havent got the car back yet, but I will be breaking her :( so everything must go! I'd just like to know how much some of this stuff is actually worth? I've never broken a car before so have no idea!

bump,

I need to know how much can i sell this for, or if its more worth my while selling the car as a whole.....

G60 lumps appear to command about a grand upwards depending on condition, mods, mileage etc. I know for a fact when i come to sell mine it wont leave me for less that 1200 notes like

gradeAfailure, it was rear ended by a range rover :( its only the boot lid (replacement on way) rear panel and bumper that got damaged, no structual damage, just cosmetic, but has come to £3300 by inscomp repairer.

It would be a shame to break her, as other than that shes almost mint!

thanks for the other info guys, i guess i'll just fix her up, try to sell her and if no joy then i'll look into breaking her up :(

I just want to get this all sorted now, ive been without a Corrado for nearly a month now :cry: and i want to get me a VR so I can charge the monster in a few months time