Sign in to follow this  
djemmo

Paint touch up

I have just bought a bright red corrado, it has been over polished / t-cutted which has allowed the undercoat to show through at certain places , what is the best way to touch these up , also where do I find the actual colour and where is the best place to get the paint...... Dave

hey

do you mean it`s gone pink?

rainspots and fading can cause the look i think your on about or if someone has actually polished the paint away i`m afraid i`ve got no idea`s apart from a respray

HTH

ben

what year is your corrado?it will be either tornado red or if its 1993 onwards it will be flash red(assuming its still the original vw colour)

Yeah, red can be a bugga for fading.

You should have a sticker on the rear panel somewhere that'll have your paint code on djemmo, If you have a look at the bottom of This page of the Knowledge base you can see all the paints that VW used on the Corrado.

Hope that helps :thumbleft:

Might be worth asking your local friendly bodyshop to give you a low quote for a re-paint. You never know they may surprise you with the price