Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Faulty Sensor?

After a week of this happening it is now beginning to really annoy me!

Problem is that my water level warning light is flashing on my dash but only early morning this seems to happen! When driving to work it flashes all the way, but never on the way home or at any other time of the day.

I have made sure these is plenty of water in it and all hoses seem to be free from any blockages. I am guessing that it must be a dodgy sensor but just wondered why it only flashes early morning! The car was parked up all day Saturday too and only moved last night but even after sitting for so long the light didn't flash.

Anyone had this happen to them or know for sure if its the sensor?

:roll:

I had the same problem in terms of the flashing and it was indeed the sensor, So a new tank sorted it. Mine used to be intermittent but nowhere nears as regular as yours. I guess you could make sure its not a faulty wire by bridging the contacts on the sensor plug.

good luck.

It may be that the pressure hasnt built up in the system in the morning - as the coolant warms it expands (in the expansion tank) and therefore the level will increase?

mines been flashing for nearly a year. i wanted a new clean tank. got one from ecp. flashed from new. D'oh

new expansion tank required. This was exactly the smaeproblem I had. It would flash when cold on the drive to work but in the evening after the sun had been on the car all day it would be fine.