Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Traffic Cop Spoke To Me

the big give away with all cameras is the fact there are signs before them.

random camera sign before village/dangerous part of road etc = good chance of a camera , best thing just bloody slow down and cruise through looking cool in your Rado.

police cant just setup a camera willy nilly they have to have certain places and then they have to have signs up to even with hand held traps.

You guys get it handy then..... the cops decided a few years back to stick signs up all over Northern Ireland, in places the don't sit and places they do. As far as I know theres only 4-5 fixed cameras throughout the province, but we get them popping up all over the place with mobile cameras as the signs are everywhere.... hence why i've been on 9 points 4 times in total :oops:

steve you wanna come for a quick spin on the island i think we have the shi+est roads in britain!

hehe! dunno mate, hit a nasty pothole round here a couple of months ago and the car has never felt 'right' since then (spent over a grand tryin to sort it so far!)

Oh and we've got a frightening number of retired people livin around here to avoid as well ... those feckers are a major hazard!

there's no such thing as too low

There is on Norfolk roads, believe me.

never been to Norfolk but I can't imagine the roads there are worse than the crap we have in Devon, the trick is knowing where the crap roads / speedbumps are and avoiding them!

As long as you don't beach your car driving around normally it ain't too low![/quote:10b63]

My car's 35mm lower than standard and the ride is very good for aftermarket suspension. Every time I drive the car though I'm getting a step closer to selling it and buying a soggy Lupo TDI or similar. I kid you not.

My car's 35mm lower than standard and the ride is very good for aftermarket suspension. Every time I drive the car though I'm getting a step closer to selling it and buying a soggy Lupo TDI or similar. I kid you not.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water, that's disgusting!

Maybe so, but it's probably going to happen. Soggy suspension and 60mpg sounds like heaven to me these days. On the rare occasion I actually use the car I only seem to drive at 50mph everywhere anyway since the roads are so cack. A TDI conversion on the Corrado is a possibility also but sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Fair enough 60mpg sounds like heaven! But if you want good mpg get a cheap diesel runabout as well (306 HDI's are supposedly good), but don't ditch a sweet rado to save a few pennies

There's not a lot that's sweet about my Corrado! It's meachanically sound but pretty tatty really. I couldn't justify running two cars since I only do about 5k miles a year.

130TDI Bora are nice and reasonably quick. Or a Fabia vRS if you really want to go diesel.

306 HDI (not dturbo) are v good. (my prev car was a 306 GTI-6). Same HDI engine thats in teh current line up.

I think I'm gonna get myself a 97 or 98 A4 Avant TDi Quattro in the summer. Either that or a passat estate. Just till I get out of debt.

You only benefit from diesels if you do more than 12k a year.

That may be true if you're buying new but I'm looking at cars costing a couple of grand, like a Seat Ibiza TDI or something! I really would like a Lupo though :oops:

Better off buying a Fiesta Ghia 1.2 Zetec (economical) for about £1k

For pure money saving that is. Cheaps as chips to run and not much less mpg.

Going back to the speed camera detectors, i'm pretty sure that if you buy a road angel or other GPS type detector, and update it's database every morning, you should get the mobile sites active for that day. I could be wrong however, i'm sure someone'll put me right, but i think it's because the police have to announce where the mobile traps are for each day, think it's on the relavent police authorities website or something. it's not much good for coppers with laser guns etc tho.

Better off buying a Fiesta Ghia 1.2 Zetec (economical) for about £1k

Eh? :cuckoo:

I reckon Lupo's are great little cars, if I was looking for a car of that size etc then the Lupo or Arosa would be top of the list.

I'd rather walk than have a ford

Wouldn't get a lupo TDI for a grand!

That was based soley on finance. Saving money etc.

Re: The speed camera detectors.

All sites are built into them, it will warn you every day you coming up to a site that MAY have a camera there.

If you go on your local saftey partnership website they tell you where they're going to be over the next month or so.

Lupo TDIs seem to go for £4k minimum, and for that reason I couldn't justify one over a £2k Seat Ibiza TDI. It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy a Fiesta though! I'll probably keep the Corrado since I hardly ever use it; in fact I often drive it just to keep the battery in shape. We'll see what happens regarding work and moving abroad after this post-graduate study is over.

lol - i know what you mean - was pulled over once whilst driving with my fogs on - ended up having my c prazed by a police man lol