Sign in to follow this  
Just 1.8 16V

Which road to take?

So im going to upgrade the front speakers in the doors to components (5.25) with tweeters in the dash, having read many posts about this and due to budget restraints (those audioscape pods do sure look nice tho!)

I can't decide between the Alpine SXS-1357 or the JBL GTO 506Ce both are in the sub £50 category hence I can't afford focals or infinity's.

What do people think? Im perhaps thinking JBL's??

Cheers

no experience of Alpine components (their headunits are great) but the JBL GTO 6x9's I've had in previous cars sounded fantastic for their size

general rule is alpine for quality and JBL for bass..

I'd go with those alpines and mate them at a later date with an alpine 2 channel amp.

no offence but personally i would try to avoid alpine. over-rated imo.

infinity's are available really cheap on egay. i got mine for half the price dealers were selling them at. a definate step up but still cheap.

just my sorry opinion though :)

JBL are part of the same company as Infinity... ;)

Keep an eye out on ebay for MB Quart components too... I took a bit of a gamble with H-YYU and bought a set and they've been excellent... every bit as good as the JBLs that are in J-DUB... 8)

phoneix gold's are they way forward matey! save up you'll appreciate it in the long run

I've heard nothing but good stuff about phoenix gold's stuff. Focal also make good equipment, and they're not that expensive. You really shouldn't skimp on your front speakers, since a few quid extra gives you a lot more sound quality for your money. If you're wiring it all up to your stereo (no ext. amplification), there might not be worth it spending hundreds on speakers though.

Alpine got some good stuff, I've never heard JBLs.

ive got some MB QUARTZ tweeters,sounded good,but they are now making way for the lotus seas components i bought