Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Wheels, Suspension, Chip or ARB

Cant decide what to do with the bora. I promised myself I wouldn't modify it but I just cant help myself. :(

I thinking, wheel wise, either 18" RS4 alloys. Seems to be some really good deals on replicas at the moment. Or 17" Santa Monica alloys. Always really like them and they were an additional upgrade on the 4motion bora.

Suspension - ride height is a little high although handling is excellent and the ride is comfy, propably thinking just H+R springs with standard shocks.

Re-chip. Cost is rather high £400 for only 8-10bhp. Not sure if its worth it. Probably need and exhaust system to make it worthwhile which adds even more cost.

Finally thinking Neuspeed rear ARB which is the cheapest option out of the lot. These really seem to transform the handling. Only thinking about the rear. R32 arbs are like gold dust.

Any advice welcome.

T.

hmm, the re-chip sounds like a bit of a waste to me, not much bang for your bucks. the rest depends on if you're after an upgrade to the looks, or to the driving performance. Personally I'd go suspension, wheels, ARB as order of priority.

MMMmmmm..... cant be bothered to do the suspension again. I had lowered my tdi bora a couple of months before I decided to sell it to the get the 4motion. Bit of bad planning on my part although the 4motion purchase wasn't intended to happen so soon.

Think I'll sit on it for a while. Went to the dealers to see how much the 17" Santa Monica alloys are.................£360...................EACH!!!

I'll say no more

T.

Get some 2nd hand ones then - I could have told you they'd cost a bomb from the dealer!

Shaggsy, cheers mate.

Ronan, I knew they would be too. Its always funny to find out how much though.

T.