Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado Mk4-Golf-Reverse style white dials (old thread)

INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?

• White by day / Black by night
    • Black by day / Black by night

Is it still just the needles that we are stuck on?

Basically, yeah.

I don't want to order 50 of these, for 25 people, and only a couple of us have the solution to hand for the needles. Ideally, I want a solution I can package to everybody at once, so when you sell on your spare set, you can pass this on too.

I will however be completing all this in the new year for us all. Would those who don't want a place anymore please let me know -

and if you would like a 'pair' let me know too!

Andi,

What do you mean by a 'pair' in this message?

The original message was that for about £40, you get two sets of dials. Are you now selling them in single sets?

Just wanting to know :)

Oh btw, I am still definitely in, as long as they stay black/black :)

Rica

When you put your name up for dials you get two sets of them.

Obviously you get the original ones you asked for but you can sell the extra set ones as welll.

Hope this helps.

DM

I don't want to order 50 of these, for 25 people, and only a couple of us have the solution to hand for the needles. Ideally, I want a solution I can package to everybody at once, so when you sell on your spare set, you can pass this on too.

I may have come up with a cunning plan... :wink: I think I know a guy who can make us up some needles the same as a MK4 that would be illuminated by a small ring around the center of the dial. This ring would be covered by a black disk on the needle's hub so wouldn't be as IN YOUR FACE as the HUGE ring in the photos before, but would allow the needles to glow at the same brightness as the dials... 8)

It means that we'd have to buy new needles to go with the kits, but that each kit was a complete solution and was pretty much a plug and play style modification... 8)

What do people think to this idea? Oh, and does anyone know if VR and G60 needles have the same design mounts? :roll:

About this needle thing....

My dad used to have a granada (everybody laughs) (including Del), and it had orange needles that were made of a see thru type plastic, and they were lit from the middle at the back of the dials and it carried the light all the way thru the needle and was very effective. Whether this helps us or not, i dont dont know, its just my 2ps worth.

Im sure Andi you are aware of this type of needle lighting "technology" already, i guess its just whether or not it would work on our Corrados.

i think new needles that use a small inner ring of light sound better that glow in the dark stuff IMO

also i would like a set that are cream by day and black by night... is that possible?

Sat in my mates new shape A4, and the whole needle lights up in Red. Looks lovely. I bet its right tricky to do tho. (Unless you are a car manufacturer that is) it looks as though the light comes from the center behind the dial.

Sat in my mates new shape A4, and the whole needle lights up in Red. Looks lovely. I bet its right tricky to do tho. (Unless you are a car manufacturer that is) it looks as though the light comes from the center behind the dial.

It's dead easy... The needle is a piece of clear plastic with a red light filter stuck on top... The center has a black disk on top of it which ALMOST touches the dial's face, and the dial has a section under the cap which allows light up into the black section of the needle. This allows the light to use the needle as a light guide and illuminates the whole needle...

It's exactly what I was on about 5 posts up! 8)

The advantage is that you can choose the colour it lights up by changing the filter colour on the needle, and if you're really clever, you can have a white needle which lights up a different colour in the dark! 8)

The guy is getting back to me soon about making these, but it may be after Xmas when I find out for definate... 8)

The guy is getting back to me soon about making these, but it may be after Xmas when I find out for definate...

Looking forward to that Henny. Sounds promising.

hi andi,

put me down for a pair - red/blue, black day and night no halo or cheesy logos or wording

superb idea...thanx for your hard work in putting this together :D

ALSO Question?? shouldn't the notches and the numbering be white by day so they can actually be seen against black background(the same as golf mk 4)??? :roll:

i'm still in Andi, just remind me when it comes to money time :)

I will get this sorted....... promise....... :)

Yeah, that's one thing we do need to sort before I'm completely happy to committing to this. We need a solution I can provide to everyone with distrubution - as opposed to just "sort it out yourself".

...and I'll get the needles sorted too... 8)

henry,

has your guy come back to u about the needles, and is this a workable solution?

cheers m8

henry,

has your guy come back to u about the needles, and is this a workable solution?

cheers m8

*cough* it's HenNy! *cough* :roll:

The guy's not been back to me yet... something about christmas rushes and lots to do... :roll: :lol: I know that the system will work well, it's used on enough cars as standard that if it didn't work, then there'd be a lot of people with invisible needles at night! :wink: :lol:

I just need to get costs from him for making up 50 sets of needles. He's got the needles off my spare G60 clocks to use as templates and he's trying to work out the best way of making them out of a clear plastic with a black shroud... 8)

As soon as I know, I'll post up the results... 8)

Fixed.

I'm gonna have to contact SR about whether we can have black-dials by day... I dunno if its actually possible looking through their site!

that would be a massive shame :( ...got to keep corrados as original looking as possible - no boy racer white dials!! :!:

I haven't forgotten about this.... just 10 squillion other things to do at the moment, sorry!!

Yes, I had found those before and that is the general idea I'd like to end up with.

I think they look more modern yet aren't detracting from the original-style we want. And will be significantly cheaper than those too.

Still unsure about this lighting stuff though....... :x

whats to be unsure about?

it looks pretty dark in that cabin in the pic and you can still see the dials ok.

i love those actually. i like the clean look without the kph