Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

passenger door won't open??

Corrado been in the garage for a while and now that it up and running again, the passenger door won't unlock!!!!

The button moves on the central locking but not far enough and I cannot pull it up manually.

ALSO - I have passat handles so suggestions of using the key won't work.

Any idea's chaps??????? :x

I think its something to do with the lack of vacuum (isn't the CL vacuum operated?) Mine did the same until I'd driven the car for a bit then it popped up by itself after a while.

its had a 500 mile trip - everything else works great - i might be wrong but i don't think its that.

mine has been the same for the past month or 2 and someone has also reckoned on not enough vacuum...........ive got a spare CL pump so i'll give it a try tomorrow and keep ya posted.....tho i reckon its actually my latch has siezed but no idea tbh

Corrado been in the garage for a while and now that it up and running again, the passenger door won't unlock!!!!

The button moves on the central locking but not far enough and I cannot pull it up manually.

ALSO - I have passat handles so suggestions of using the key won't work.

Any idea's chaps??????? :x

Climb in through the window :shock:

If it is lack of vacuum - it could be the pump, or it could be a leak in the pipework - mmm that's gonna be fun to track down :(

sorry for asking another question on top of another, but are you guys saying that the central locking on the corrado doesn't work with a simple motor on each door but with air pressure pushing it up? if so that's really impressive because at cold temperatures those damn things love to burn out.

h8rra - did you have any passengers on your trip. No doubt they have been holding on for dear life and the door has been pressed onto the car.

;) :lol: