Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

What really cheap car do I buy? Suggestions please

The AX was a hoot, I had much fun in mine for a year or so. Its a state of mind thing to get them round corners though, You have to pre-lean them the right way and then let inertia do the rest. You cant just tug on the steering wheel and expect the jelly to react,

But 25 quid went on for ever, 60 mpg on motorways and a ton was doable, (for the brave). There are still plenty of them about also. so finding a goodun would be easy.

Also the gaps you can squeeze through are mind bending, also quite funny to listen to the squeal of tyres and beeping horns as someone tries to follow you through a tight gap.

Nothing wrong with a Fiesta 1.2S Zetec - exactly what the Mrs drives and I nick when the C is off the road.

And 180km/h = 111mph, which is about right, downhill!

£25 of petrol to fill and does more than the C's £60 ;)

You're absolutely right; I was only having a poke at that review. As for this topic, where do you start; what is "cheap"? Most modern cars are good it seems. I remember my dad paying about £6k for a Golf with 600mile on the clock, but my gf bought a 1.5 Dynamique Megan 4 months old with 3,000m for a measly £7k; only big cost is servicing. There are loads of £2k cars out there that will be low maintenance and some not too bad at £1. Her previous 1.1 mk2 fiesta would've been more economical, with low mileage, low tax, low insurance, low fuel-comp, etc etc. What does he want; saloon/hatch/...

Defo some food for thought there!

I'm liking the Mk3 Polo for 600 quid idea, and so is the missus