Sign in to follow this  
redlee

What's my 20vt (ex G60) worth?

I'm after an approx. figure for my 1991 corrado, dragon green, was a G60 now a 20vt (BAM) 285bhp, 320lb-ft torque, DTA management, 16" AZEV A's, custom intercooler, stainless exhaust, rebuilt G60 box, not sure what suspension, zimmerman front discs, braided brake lines, front seats re-trimmed in biscuit?(tan) leather - any ideas?

A mate of mine just paid £4800 for a mk2 golf with a similar mechanical spec so your corrado has gotta be worth £5500 to £6000

Marc

How many miles on the car and the engine? whats the bodywork like? service history? The normal car things will effect the price despite all the work you've done. Really good condition G60's seem to go for around £3000 - £4000 depending on the spec. So I'd say around the £5000 - £5500 mark for yours.

All negotiable at the end of the day - equally you could look at it as a car that has had an engine conversion, been tuned and consequently driven hard and is an older C shell...

I'm not trying to say it's not worth whats been suggested but it's all info that any potential buyer will consider.

Condition of body, running gear and reams of reciepts will help I'm sure 8)

Also depends on how quickly you want to sell it - if you don't have a specific time frame, aim high and wait... if you need to sell quickly, about £3k should see if go like billy whizz...

I think Campbell had trouble shifting his yellow 6-spd 20vT Corrado recently and the asking price was eventually dropped to around £4500. I'm not sure what it actually sold for in the end as I haven't seen him on here since.

yeah I still think he has his

even i wasnt able to sell my corrado even at £3500

im not sure whats happening out there but some corrado go without a blink of a eye lid others just sit about for ages

yeah I still think he has his

I'm sure I remember him saying he'd sold it. I think he got a VR6 that needed some work instead.

maybe but i was following his progress in selling it to see if having a 20v lump in ur car ups the value

and i didnt see it "gone" if you know what i mean I might be wrong thou

This car is pretty good in the flesh. Seemed to go OK at Oulton the other year. Has a cat 1 alarm fitted too :wink:

Gavin

I did sell mine but not for as much as expected. I did have a few offers of £5000 buti needed a quick sale I bought a VR i wanted for a turbo project but i'd say hold on and wait for the good weather to sell something like a Rado 20vt.

Simple fact is a corrado isnt always a daily drive being on here isnt a good representation alot of rados are second cars and not so common and to sell one its going to be to someone looking for a corrado and to sell a corrado with a 20vt in its got to be to someone looking for that and just that.

Wait for the good weather mate and it looks like its worth every penny of £6000+ truth is people dont realise how much it would cost to make that kind of car from a stock G60.

They start talking about how they could get a G60 or 16v for ak etc well find a G60 or 16v in mint condition with full history etc for that money then add costs of the conversion and it sky rockets in reality.

Give people time to phone up for quotes and that and grasp the reality of the price. Mine was nice and i paid £5000 for it and £3200 third party insurance being within my first year of driving at 19 and i love my corrados it was worth every penny. Just been driving for a year now and on my third, 20vt beats a standard VR and i think they're better than a supercharged VR at 350bhp+ (not starting a war lol) I think they're really underated. The only rado i'd have over one is a VR turbo or twin engined which im weighing up now.

Best of luck with the sale mate.

3200 for tpft, christ, it takes me 4 years to spend that on fully comp, for all the cars I own.

I am twice the age mind :(

Gavin