Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

Intermittent wiper speeds...

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything maybe used the wrong terms?

But was wondering how hard it would be to retrofit a new wiper stalk from say a mk4 golf (retaining MFA functions) that allows you to change the time delay on the intermittent wiper mode?

Cheers for any ideas Will

AFAIK you can already do that on all Corrados.

Turn on the intermittent wiper then go straight back off again, now wait until you need another wipe and switch it back on & leave it this time. It remembers the gap that you set and repeats it. Hope that's clear! I think it's anything from about 3-20sec the pause can be.

Christ thats a bit clever will go and try that now!

Cheers Trigger! nice to meet you although briefly at stealth and glad the OBD2 is finished finally.

Thats so cool it does work!!

IHIG60, bigbluec, it tells you about the intermittent timer in the manual... ;)

I've had it in some of my rado's but my current one doesn't have it and nor did the last one - i'm not sure if that's because not all rado's had it or because the wiper relay has been changed for the wrong one at some point. Incidently the 2 without the ability to adjust were both J 92's and my others were all 93 onwards

Has anyone else not got this option in an early car?

Well mine is a 91 H and although i dont know whether it has the option, i generally switch on then off to wipe and then if i then wiped when it needs to and leave it on, i dont think its changed the time between wipes?

Looks like i dont have it then after all?

I thought it was a Late interior improvement. My '90 valver didn't have it and it's not in the manual. You can get a 99 relay from the scrappy and do a straight swop or buy one from

these guys just search 'wiper relay', £19.56 + VAT

Had it on my 92 G60 but that was facelift exterior.. pre-facelift interior though obviously!

Never realised it wasn't on the early motors but as has been said it is just a relay which you can swap out :)

They're funny old cars :lol: - no pattern to them at all

I thinkthe fact that it's just a relay could mean that the cars without it have had their relays replaced with the wrong items at some point in their lives?