Sign in to follow this  
corradonald

My Corrado g60

Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

Long time since I`ve been her now, so I thought I should update you all on the progress on the car :)

All red tail lights:

redcor0036.jpg

redcor0024.jpg

My kid just loving the lowered :)

_MG_0237.jpg

Mazda mx5 mirrors, not mounted yet:

_MG_0297.jpg

The charger with new rs-outlet, new paint, new filter, new belt and new oil feeder line and new oil return line:

_MG_0323.jpg

Connected to the intercooler:

_MG_0541.jpg

Console frame have been redone and now finished hooked up with switch panel and gauges:

IMG_1299.jpg

New panel is comming soon, not happy with my work:

_MG_1219.jpg

Painted the dashboard black:

Before:

IMG_1304.jpg

After:

_MG_1369.jpg

_MG_1388.jpg

The co-pot sensor mounted:

_MG_1401.jpg

Started changing the exhaust pipes from the exhaust manifold and to the back muffler, but it got SOOOOO noisy just using the original back muffler, so I`m going to order a new and complete original exhaust system all the way. Doesnt wont any sound from the exhaust:

_MG_1412.jpg

And allmost finished engine bay, ass you se with blue samco coolant kit, new ignition wires and polished strut bar. Need to change the sensor that are mounted on the radiator, cause the fan wount start spinning so the water boils:

_MG_2040.jpg

_MG_2036.jpg

brilliant thread - enjoying the updates. few q's:

* how long did you have to wait for the samcos?

* how much were the pedals - where did they come from - are they super grippy?

* where did the pipework for the cam cover breather to the catch tank come from? I hate the std black cover and pipe...

* the polished boost pipes - again where from?

* going turbo?

looking lovely mate, wandering also about the dashboard paint. also about where you sourced the hoses, im looking at fitting an intercooler around the same size and just wandered where you got all the hoses and pipework from, would be really helpful. cheers bud, keep up the good work 8)

Thanks for the feedback everybody :)

I used vinyl paint on the dashboard, thats a paint that doesnt harden as regaular paint, and are more "soft", it can be slightly stretch.

The pipes I used on the cooler pipes I got from ebay, ordered a "Pipe kit" where it was some straigth hoses and pipes with different bends included. I had couldnt have just straight hoses so I ordered some hoses with different bends in it to, also needed a 3"-2,5" reducer hose from the rs-outlet.

Here is a link to the ebay store where I ordered everything from:

http://stores.ebay.com/ZENARacing

I waited in 2 month for the samco coolant kit, they have to produce the kit on order is what they said. Ordered it from http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk

The pedals got a really god grip, they are MOMO and i bought them from å lokal car accesory store. Not sure what they cost in punds, but I paid around 400 norwegian krones, thats around 30£.

Off course I want turbo, but I really like the classy original supercharger sound and look, so I think I going to use the g-ladder.

But if im going to tune the engine further I will use a turbo.

The engine now got 68mm pulley, exhaust, open air filter, chip, rs-outlet, front mounted intercooler. Happy with that for now :)

My solutions for the oil breather system is a "costum" from me..hehe..here you se how i did it:

Used this, it is a part you can drag wires through:

_MG_7790.jpg

Took it apart:

_MG_7792.jpg

Made tracks inside this:

_MG_7793.jpg

Then I used this bend to connect the hose on. Use a nylon pipe that you just push in to this bend, and it clips on:

_MG_7794.jpg

Screwed on the "bracket":

_MG_7796.jpg

With the nylon pipe:

_MG_7798.jpg

And glued on:

_MG_8377.jpg

Sorry my bad english, but I hope this helps :)

i think you might get scraping on the arches... your tyres won't last very long thats for sure!

If I was a millionaire I'd do this kinda work to my Corrado too :D

As it is, im not a millionaire but I've still spent thousands on it so I dare not even think about how much has been spent on this one!