Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Road Angel GPS radar/speed trap detector?

Any good?

A colleague with an FTO is trying to get a group buy together and reckons he can get them for £200 ish (or £230 with the Laser Detector???)

(Do I remember our esteemed admin having one...???)

It's either a road angel or a bel985 (which another colleague with a prelude has - it's like 90's coupe city in this office :-) )

VERY GOOD! - my mate has one and rates it better than anything... he had a few BEL before and the Road Angel is supposed to have done excellent in tests, etc

Hi Stormseeker,

There is no doubt that the Road Angel is a superb bit of kit, I recently bought 2 one for my G60 and one for a friends Mondeo ST24.

Both units gave false alarms every time we hit 3000 rpm, We tried hard wiring the power supply and various other things which Blackspot (the manufacturers) recommended but to no avail.

The problem it turned out was NOT the Road Angel but the cars electrical systems.

which were putting out spurious electrical signals which the road angels Radar detector picked up and triggered the units to beep as though you were passing a mobile radar unit.

The reason I am telling you this is that neither car had any problems which we new about, However the electrical problem meant that the units were unusable due to continuous false alarms. The shop we purchased from refused to take the units back, It took 3 months of arguing, phone calls and letters to twist their arms and get a refund.

Synopsis: Road Angel is a fantastic device, However before buying check the returns policy just in case!

If there is a group buy at £230 count me in!!!

Ditto, have been considering one for a while now.

Jamie

'93 Aqua blue VR6

Gaz, that mean that your car was unadaptable? also dosednt that also mean that all G60's will have this problem ? or are you electrics custom ?

Just resurrecting this thread as I noticed over on the Mitsubishi Evo Lancer Register forums (http://www.lancerregister.com/) there is a group buy for the Road Angel at £275 + £6 p&p inc 1 years subscription. Any takers? Would prefer to know a bit more about the seller personally :?

Jamie

'93 Aqua blue VR6