Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Sunroof clicks... Up - click - down - click - back

Just a quick question.

My mates H plate has click stops on the sunroof, so when going from Up to back he needs to take his finger off the button then push it again otherwise it just stops in the close position.

Are they supposed to do this as mine doesn't...

(keep finding these subtle differences between mine and his (both originally 1.8 16v his an H plate, mine a J)

mine j 1.8 16v has the stops as you describe them, would it not be easy to leave the sunroof partially open without them?

Yeah, I have to go by wind noise as to whether it's closed properly or not.

Doesn't matter anyway as it's not working at all at the moment and a glass roof is (almost) on order...

Probably something has broken off in the mechanism...

Cheers!

Yep the relay stops are normal and deliberate, otherwise the motor doesn't know where the roof is in the subframe.

The timing is set by disconnecting the motor from the subframe (but still connected to the loom) when the roof is closed and correctly aligned, and then activating and deactivating the central locking. There is a sunroof pulse in the factory total closure (holding the key to the left for 3 seconds when locking) system that confirms the alignment.

When that's set, it knows when to stop the motor when coming down from a tilt for correct panel alignment, hence the click.

The timing is set by disconnecting the motor from the subframe (but still connected to the loom) when the roof is closed and correctly aligned, and then activating and deactivating the central locking. There is a sunroof pulse in the factory total closure (holding the key to the left for 3 seconds when locking) system that confirms the alignment.

Does that work on an early (pre 93) car ? the sunroof doesn't close with the C/L on them (unfortunately :roll:).

Excellent!!! When I get the new roof in I'll set that up (will involve pinching my mates door handle though as mine is delocked!)

One less thing to concentrate on whilst driving, Cheers!

Does that work on an early (pre 93) car ? the sunroof doesn't close with the C/L on them (unfortunately :roll:).

mine is a 92 J plate, so would this still work?