Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Chop required please

Can someone chop these onto my car.

Like the idea of a wheel that weighs in at 10.2lbs a piece (4.64kg) just want to see what they look like on the car. :wink: Can someone chop these onto my car.

they look good get sum! then you can also claim the lightest wheels on the forum! what are they made of?

i will weigh my RH's when get home yan i dont no if its just me used to picking up my borbets but they felt incredibly light and my mate thought so too! but 4kg a piece is very light!

It's the 15" version that weighs 10lbs ;-)

It's the BBS RG F1, which apparently is only available in Japan. They're big on light wheels over there and some jap wheel producer launced a 17" wheel a while back that weighs 9lbs, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it BBS :-)

Mind you, BBS are the daddies so the 9lb jap wheel would probably buckle if you hit a match stick at 2mph.

You need a goodly proportion of magnesium to get wheels that light normally, or you can do what Porsche do and make the spokes hollow.

It's the 15" version that weighs 10lbs ;-)

It's the BBS RG F1, which apparently is only available in Japan. They're big on light wheels over there and some jap wheel producer launced a 17" wheel a while back that weighs 9lbs, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it BBS :-)

Mind you, BBS are the daddies so the 9lb jap wheel would probably buckle if you hit a match stick at 2mph.

You need a goodly proportion of magnesium to get wheels that light normally, or you can do what Porsche do and make the spokes hollow.

Thanks for the chop, must admit it looks good, although I would have to loose the Jap red centre badges and replace them with black and silver ones to keep it low key.

I wanted the 15's Kev they are 15"x7" 4x 100 PCD with an ET of 33, so ideal for the C as it just makes the rim wider by 1/4" each way, not too bad at $340 a piece. It's a proper forged wheel so its as strong as you can get. I can get them from a US supplier who will ship them to the UK, .

As for the 16x7's they weigh in at 12.8lbs each (5.8kg) and a slightly more hefty $412 a pop. Figure it is going to cost around £1000-1200 to get them over here including shipping and taxes. All in all thats pretty good for a wheel that is difficult to get in the US let alone Europe; and reduces the unsprung suspension mass by 2.4kg per wheel. It's quite a hefty amount, that's from another 'light' wheel BBS RM splits. Even the 16's are a kilo lighter per wheel than 15" RM's!

Can't find how much a standard set of sebrings weight but they are some pretty hefty wheels, anyone know?

12lbs for the 16", hmmmm, I'd like some of that!

They probably won't have enough caliper clearance for my needs though, which is a shame.

Oh and for what it's worth.... the new 16" OZ ultra Leggara weighs 6.6Kg, or 14lbs. Super Leggara is 4.9Kg (11lbs) in 15" size.

Cheap too!

http://www.oz-alloys.co.uk

Reducing unsprung weight is definitely a step in the right direction for improving handling.

12lbs for the 16", hmmmm, I'd like some of that!

They probably won't have enough caliper clearance for my needs though, which is a shame.

Bigger problem than that for you Kev, the 5 stud pattern is not currently available!

Have a look here for some light wheels:

http://www.tirerack.com

hi yan i weighed my 16's RH's last night and they were just under 8kg i didnt think this was too bad! have you decuded to get those light alloys in the end matey

=andy

8 kilos is pretty good going, but considering the new aston sports pack for the db9 is toughted as losing a kilo per wheel for a 5% reduction at each corner.

If I can loose a kilo per corner on 16's and then fit the lighter AP calliper and disc option then it should really make an impact on the unsprung mass.

I think I will be heading down this route but not until after the house move, then the engine in etc etc. :?

You do notice the reduction in unsprung mass..... car turns in better, accelerates slightly better and the dampers have less work to do, so not quite as harsh over bumps.

Wilwood dynalites are the kiddies for very low weight, I think they weigh something silly like 2.5lbs! My APs weight 2.5Kg each, which is about half the weight of the 280 & 288/312 calipers. With the AP kit and 16s, unsprung weight is a little lighter than the OE 15" Speedlines and 280 brakes. So you get all the benefits of significantly stronger brakes and larger wheels with no weight penaltly. I like that :-)

312s and 17s is starting to get a bit too heavy imo, makes the car feel a tad lethargic to respond.

Wilwood dynalites are the kiddies for very low weight, I think they weigh something silly like 2.5lbs!

Nice but do they fold if they run over a cocktail stick? :wink:

They're brake calipers mate ;-) You could put a cocktail stick on top of the disc and see if they fold if you like :-)

Dunno how strong or durable Wilwood brakes are, but they are mega light!

They're brake calipers mate ;-) You could put a cocktail stick on top of the disc and see if they fold if you like :-)

Dunno how strong or durable Wilwood brakes are, but they are mega light!

I'll er, get my coat :oops:

What were you doing in the field together? :?

Its wasn't just Nick and me, BB and Dom were around too.

Suprised Nick remebered the field he was not very observant that afternoon :wink: