Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

Well this is my first post on this forum... I am usually on VWVortex.

I figured I would sign up for this message board and start posting

so here is my car as it was a year ago.

Personally I think it needs raising a bit for the best look ...

Looks nice though! :)

Here is the new color that the car is getting repainted in the near future (trying to find time for body work rightnow)

I am also in the middle of a late style dash conversion and am almost done putting a 93 tan leather interior in.

hello PiercedWinky, welcome to the forum fella, nice to see another nice white corrado, looking good, i wish we had number plates like yours over here. 8) so much more easier on the eye

hello PiercedWinky, welcome to the forum fella, nice to see another nice white corrado, looking good, i wish we had number plates like yours over here. 8) so much more easier on the eye

The funny thing is I wish we had your number plates on this side of the pond :lol:

And the camber was before I went in for an alignment on the suspension. it is all better now.

Interior looks nice - see there's a wee dent on the driver side sill - a raise in suspension might be a good idea! I had an XR3i that was as low as that - scraped it on speedbumps everywhere - knew it was too low when driving in the rain one day I felt a splash on my ankle! :?

Interior looks nice - see there's a wee dent on the driver side sill - a raise in suspension might be a good idea! I had an XR3i that was as low as that - scraped it on speedbumps everywhere - knew it was too low when driving in the rain one day I felt a splash on my ankle! :?

The car isn't daily driven at all so the hieght isn't too much of a problem for me. I did drive it everyday for about six months and had no real problems. It looks alot lower than it actually is because of the 90mm lip in the front.

That and my driveway is pretty flat helps out a bit too

The funny thing is I wish we had your number plates on this side of the pond

i find that hard to believe :lol: ours are dirty great things that get stuck either end of our cars, the law gets all unneccesary if the plates aren`t just so :lcop: :(

the leather looks real nice

How much clearance have you got from the front splitter?

About 2 inches...

I am going to be getting 45mm lip for it as soon as I can find one that isn't beat to hell.

The funny thing is I wish we had your number plates on this side of the pond

i find that hard to believe :lol: ours are dirty great things that get stuck either end of our cars, the law gets all unneccesary if the plates aren`t just so :lcop: :(

the leather looks real nice

They are just as bad with the placement of number plates out here too.

I am in one of 3 states that requires a front and rear plate. Most states only require the rear.

And the front seats aren't in as good of condition so I have been on a search to find a set.

love it.. just how I'd have it!!

aye but Milton Keynes is pretty flat though Bally - just try that on the country roads of Scotland!

About 2 inches...

fecking hell !!!! :shock: you must have roads that have the appearance of glass to get away with that mush :lol:

Our roads around here are hell. I swear you need an SUV to get over anything for daily driving. I have already taken out one oil pan from not paying attention to what I was doing. I swear the man holes around my house are about 6 inches higher than the rest of the street.

And the front seats aren't in as good of condition so I have been on a search to find a set.

is the leather an easy to find item over your side of the world ? ....it`s not too bad here but prices can range from £300 to £1200 , condition and rarity being the main factor

love it.. just how I'd have it!!

aye but Milton Keynes is pretty flat though Bally - just try that on the country roads of Scotland!

:lol: Mk aint that flat.. I drive myn everywhere...

Im just mad though :lol:

Our roads around here are hell. I swear you need an SUV to get over anything for daily driving. I have already taken out one oil pan from not paying attention to what I was doing. I swear the man holes around my house are about 6 inches higher than the rest of the street.

not good then :lol:

is the leather an easy to find item over your side of the world ? ....it`s not too bad here but prices can range from £300 to £1200 , condition and rarity being the main factor

I spent about 1500 USD on a full interior, dash and carpet. And probably another 500 on all of the looms to switch to the late style interior. I plan on spending about 500 - 800 on just front seats that are in good condition.

The problem over here is no one takes car of their cars, with few exceptions.

and here is my oil pan after me not paying attention.... to give you an idea of how "glassy" our roads are out here :mad: