Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

PiercedWinky, ya cars looking good man,,, all u need to do now is drop it :wink:

liking the headlining too, you have actually motivated me to do mine, so we'll see if i amke it happen...

PiercedWinky, ya cars looking good man,,, all u need to do now is drop it :wink:

liking the headlining too, you have actually motivated me to do mine, so we'll see if i amke it happen...

Yeah, the car needs a 45 mm front splitter so I can run a lower profile tire and go a bit lower. When I pull my engine out soon I am going to notch the frame rail on the passenger side to allow the axel to clear with it that low.

Thanks for the comments about the headliner. I am actually going to try and put it in, along with a new sunroof tomorow.

@ billinjahg60

I am looking for a full euro belt conversion for tan interior (all of the trim pieces, center console, etc etc)

I will post up more pictures tomorow when I do the headliner.

Car's lookin sweet dude, loving the ride height, would have mine like that if my wheels and the UK roads would allow!

8) 8)

Got the headliner in, and the sunroof section of it. I need to finish the gasket that goes around the headliner/sunroof area and install all of the pillars. I shoudl be able to get all of that done in a couple hours tomorow.

As you can see by the last pic, I still have a good deal of work to do though.

the headliner gets a bit tough to do around the visor area, it takes alot of working. Took my around 8 hours for the large piece of the headliner. I am still working on the seal that goes around the sunroof hole. I ran out of glue half way through last night so i am going to have to wait to finish that. That piece is probably going to be the hardest to finish.

I used 3m part number 08088. It is the second stickiest glue they make according to 3m... the other one being heat resistent and instantly bonding (not good for headliners)

Thank you

Today I got a passat rear door handle for my passenger side (no lock) I am debating color matching them to the car.

Also finished re-doing one of my door panels.

Looking good, cant wait to see that new steering wheel that I am going to bring to your house in the very very near future..

Tryin to get a set of borbet Type T's off of a friend for the car right now.

16x9 all the way around. I will go snap some pics of them on his car later today.

you can get a tan seal for the headliner/sunroof i used one when i did my headliner in leather.

I have a tan seal, and it is too dark, so I covered the seal in the same fabric I used on the headliner. My other idea was to dye the seal but I decided against that.

Its been a while since I have logged in here. Not really too much going on right now with the car, just collecting some more parts to try and get it back together again.

My corrado has been sitting for a while, I have been working on a couple of other projects:

My 83 Mk1 Rabbit:

Which just got a new engine and transmission, a set of coilovers, and new wheels.

dscf1435.jpg[/attachment:6088e]

and my Gf's Mk2 Golf 16v

which got a new engine

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfdscf1186.jpg[/attachment:6088e]

But I did go buy a few parts for the corrado in the mean time.

EuroSport Lower Stress Bar

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF1535.JPG[/attachment:6088e]

And tonight I am going to pick up a few more parts for the car.

Over the past weekend I moved the car from my parents house to my storage unit for the next couple of months until I find a new house.

In the mean time i will be picking up a bunch of parts for the real fun this fall/winter.

Last night I managed to pick up a VR6 front subframe, and VR6 Rear K frame that has been reinforced around the engine mount cups. If I get a chance tonight I will go take some pictures.

I also ordered new control arms, ball joints, tie rod ends, and a full PROthane bushing kit for the car. Those should be here this weekend along with the last bits I need for my Mk1

Had a bunch of parts show up today from FourSeason Tuning.

Corrado92.pdfDSCF1566.JPG[/attachment:0368a]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCF1565.JPG[/attachment:0368a]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF1557.JPG[/attachment:0368a]

and Last week I picked up both VR6 sub frames for my car.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCF1541.JPG[/attachment:0368a]

DSCF1542.JPG[/attachment:0368a]

My bumper will be shaved of the side markers when i do the rest of the body work. That bumper offer is very tempting though. I need to make some quick cash and start getting parts from you guys :thumbleft:

Would you be interested in swapping of bumpers?

I'm after a US spec one and rather than having yours shaved you could just respray mine....