Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

So I had one hell of a weekend. :)

Friday night I ran to harbor freight after work to pick up some suction cups to make a camera mount for the car:

0_IMAGE_002.jpg

0_IMAGE_003.jpg

Then the thermostat in the bimmer decided to get stuck and was overheating when we were driving out to take some video. Russ did 100+ on the way back to the shop without the cameras falling off :wink:

Saturday I went and test drove an A6. I think I am in love with that car now. I never imagined a car that large could feel so sporty and so planted. It felt smaller than the GF's Jetta when i was driving it too. :cuckoo:

So sunday with a hangover I went to the shop and got rid of the rain tray. I still have a few more spot welds to get rid of, but it is pretty much gone.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Your destiny is sealed.......G60, and welding with the insulation in there. Seems like you dont even need a working engine to start a fire in that beast! :nuts:

Your destiny is sealed.......G60, and welding with the insulation in there. Seems like you dont even need a working engine to start a fire in that beast! :nuts:

You pipe and simmer over there! Its a VW in general I expect flames at somepoint. :cuckoo:

True. Although youre more likely to catch on fire ;). Auto belts, you better take them out, take out all the wiring, take out the insulation, the dash, the seats, just take it all out and put ford stuff in that way it will break down at 100,000 miles.

True. Although youre more likely to catch on fire ;). Auto belts, you better take them out, take out all the wiring, take out the insulation, the dash, the seats, just take it all out and put ford stuff in that way it will break down at 100,000 miles.

Now your starting to sound like rento... can you help with my lower radiator hose??? :cuckoo:

The dash is out of the car along with most of the wiring. The carpet and insulation is pulled back to the seats. It will be fine to weld on.

Will post vids from the new camera mounts today :D

I didn't really do alot this weekend. Mostly cleaned at the shop and taught my buddy ben how to polish the proper way.

But all the tar board is removed from the rain tray area. And most of the adhesive is too.

Saturday I did a photoshoot for NOS energy drink. now THAT was alot of fun. :nuts:

DSC_0248.JPG?imgmax=800

I love being a photographer

Bart came up to the shop to help for a bit last night. He is a badass with the welder :wink:

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

The tool with the tool

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

Then we went out to get some food and beer. After we were eating bart found some place next door. Awesome business name!

0_IMAGE_005-1.jpg

So back to the shop to do a bit more work:

DSCN0484.jpg

Seam sealer behind the strut towers is a pain to get to

DSCN0485.jpg

Grinding on some welds

DSCN0499.jpg

and then bart took over with the welder agian for some more fun :thumb right:

DSCN0513.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

Then he fixed the my horrible welding where the carbon canister used to be... he cut out that whole section and welded in a new piece

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

Mean while I pounded out the dent in my firewall, need a bit more work but its much better. Also got rid of most of the raintray remenants

DSCN0520.jpg

Went to Joey's to do an oil change on his car. He handed me this:

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

Im surprised how detailed the model is. The engine bay is all correct, even the subframes are correct!!

Oh and I ground down the welds in by bay a bit more... starting to look really good

DSCN0528.jpg

Just got back from H20i :D

Met up with a great group of corrado owners and partied with them all weekend.

dsc_0006.jpg

dsc_0002.jpg

on the way down

dsc_0030.jpg

dsc_0036-2.jpg

dsc_0038-2.jpg

dsc_0042.jpg

Mike passed out while smoking on the balcony...

dscn0573.jpg

thats right... save the tatas

dsc_0009.jpg

corrado content:

dsc_0012-1.jpg

dsc_0014.jpg

dsc_0017-1.jpg

dsc_0022-1.jpg

dsc_0023-1.jpg

dsc_0024.jpg

dsc_0025.jpg

dsc_0027-1.jpg

dsc_0028-1.jpg

dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0037-1.jpg

dsc_0038-1.jpg

dsc_0039-1.jpg

dsc_0041-1.jpg

dsc_0043-1.jpg

dsc_0048-2.jpg

dsc_0049-2.jpg

dsc_0088.jpg

dsc_0099.jpg

dsc_0107.jpg

dsc_0125.jpg

dsc_0126.jpg

dsc_0134.jpg

dsc_0113.jpg

dsc_0118.jpg

dsc_0151.jpg

dsc_0167.jpg

dsc_0179.jpg

dsc_0184.jpg

dsc_0302.jpg

dsc_0353.jpg

dsc_0350.jpg

dsc_0433.jpg

dsc_0438.jpg

Mk5 GTi interior, dash, and engine into a corrado

dsc_0120.jpg

dsc_0121.jpg

dsc_0124.jpg

it rained for most of the show... but somehow these guys got out :gag:

dsc_0055-1.jpg

Woah, what a picture post! :shock: I was gonna comment on something earlier but I can't remember what it was.

Oh yeah, welds. Nice welding work :grin:

Woah, what a picture post! :shock: I was gonna comment on something earlier but I can't remember what it was.

Oh yeah, welds. Nice welding work :grin:

I took over 800 pics when I was there. I flew all the way across the country just to meet up with a buncha corrado nuts and hang out for the weekend LOL.

My welds suck, barts welds were good though :D

Did you get any more pics of those leather dashes and the clocks? Some very good shots indeed there.

Did you get any more pics of those leather dashes and the clocks? Some very good shots indeed there.

I have a few more pics I will try to get them up soon.

mental pics!

Thanks man :D

Love the stance of your car Bally. The wheels look perfect on your car.

Great pic post, any more info on this red 'rado?? looks like it can do something, track car? plus it looks good without relying on being slammed

The owner is Noah, deckmandubs on vwvortex. Great guy.

Car is a VR6 with a vortech supercharger and a cogged pulley setup. He did a cross country rally run last year with it

His company:

http://www.verdictmotorsports.com/

Havent done much on the car. but I did on the other hand pick up a new daily driver:

dsc_0030.jpg

dsc_0026.jpg

dsc_0024.jpg

dsc_0029.jpg

Needs to be lowered and thats about it ;) The 2.7t engine has plenty of go to it!