Sign in to follow this  
pkripper

Blast round silverstone in Exige

Went up to silverstone today for my brother in laws ferrari track day. While I was there I had a 3 laps in an exige round the track driving and the same again as a passenger with the instructor. Lucky I got a nutter, he took me round at wharp speed, power slidding, rumble strips the lot, made my laps look like a Sunday drive. :lol:

They had a cup 240 break exige there that the ferrari drivers had hot laps in that was a fine tool.

You cant beat that buzz you get from get the crap scared out of you....

P4220034.jpg

P4220035.jpg

P4220032.jpg

I love 355's. Such a sexy car.

Sounds like a good day out mate.

Yeah they are a classic ferrari shape.

Great day out, got back in time to see the footy as well, happy days.

In the top pic, if you took the rear valance whotsit off so you could see the transmission, it would look just like a 288GTO. THE most gorgeous car ever.

What the fek happened to ferrari design - I personally don't think there's a looker in the range now. The 430 is ok, but compare it to that 355! Ugly sister or what?

Edit: holy thread-hijacking batman - sorry! :)

Are you kidding me?! Man, I love the F430 like a man shouldn't love a collection of metal, plastic, rubber and silicon!

did The Supercar day a month or so ago and it WAS brilliant... Got to drive the Exige, Porsche 911 Carrerra2 and Ferrari 355 around for 3 laps each and then had a hi-speed (and they mean that, he got all 4 wheels off the ground on the chicane curbs!) lap with a pro-driver....

Very, very cool day out... 8)

did The Supercar day a month or so ago and it WAS brilliant... Got to drive the Exige, Porsche 911 Carrerra2 and Ferrari 355 around for 3 laps each and then had a hi-speed (and they mean that, he got all 4 wheels off the ground on the chicane curbs!) lap with a pro-driver....

Very, very cool day out... 8)

Was that in the 240 cup Exige Henny, if so that is a tool of a car? The guy I had had all four wheels of the ground in a normal Exige and was sideways round the big corner, happy days.

Henny, can i get a bit more info on where/who booked through? i'm owed a track day from my last bday pressie!.. this sounds good!

Contact Silverstone direct, the one Henny described is dear though, £400 I think. They had loads of options from £150 upto £400 ish.

pkripper, yup, spot on mate... My girlfriend (now fiancee) got it for me for Xmas 04... seriously cool prezzy... 8) Oh, and I have no idea what the Exige was, it was the black one with Orange writing on it, and the guy who was driving it was a pro-driver who's currently racing in the Porsche cup (can't remember his name though :oops: )

What was REALLY good about the day was that you were always one-on-one with an instructor when in the cars and could learn a LOT about car control and lines... you also got assessed on the day by each instructor and got a final overall score to see how you did.... I got 90%! :D 8) Only the gearchange in the 911 let me down (I got 4th instead of 2nd :oops: ) badly...

My girlfriend (now fiancee)

Congrats 8)

I did a ferrari day for my 21st , I enjoyed the training laps in a race prep'd Mk2 mroe than the ferrari :lol:

did a tank driving and 4x4 off road day for my 21st... Ain't nothing like driving a tank with a HUAGE cannon and a 4x4 Bedford 21tonne truck sideways up a hill to make you feel like a REAL man! ;) :lol:

Now THAT sounds like fun :) - I fancy doing a 4x4 day - and maybe a rally course aswell 8)

(BTW ..have you seen this thread mate ? :) - it's getting annoying now! :lol: )

Walesy, nope, I hadn't seen that thread, and yes, I do know what it is... ;) :p

Oh, and a Rally day is next on my list, other than a skid-pan day... ;)