Sign in to follow this  
andyVR6

vr6 engine mount ripped off subframe

had the car up in the air today trying to find the source of a vibration i could feel through the pedals. couldn't believe what i found.

the cup thats welded to the subframe to bolt the rear engine mount to is no longer attatched to the subframe. by ythe looks of things its been like this for a while and its pretty rotten.

any of you guys had the same thing happen?

are all corrado subframes the same as i dont fancy payin dealer prices for a new one so gonna get one from scrappers or would any other subframe fit from a golf etc?

had the car up in the air today trying to find the source of a vibration i could feel through the pedals. couldn't believe what i found.

the cup thats welded to the subframe to bolt the rear engine mount to is no longer attatched to the subframe. by ythe looks of things its been like this for a while and its pretty rotten.

any of you guys had the same thing happen?

are all corrado subframes the same as i dont fancy payin dealer prices for a new one so gonna get one from scrappers or would any other subframe fit from a golf etc?

Having spent a month refurbing one, i'd say yes. The quality of the factory part is shocking. I took one look at it and rewelded the whole thing. They about £250-300 from the dealers but get a secondhand one and get it welded and powdercoated.

That's Nicholas Parsons that is mate!

Happy with that :)

what or who is he.

do gpc deliver + have you got a phone number for them.