Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Anyone know?

Hey chaps!

Ok, ive mentioned before already that i have had a bump in my rado, front pass corner. Since that day the spoiler stopped working. It would only go up and not down, manual or automatic. Checked underneath behind shelf inside, no plug come out that i can see. Ive also noticed a cylider shaped thing (all i can describe it as) with a yellow wire going in at one end and also the other. It sits behind pass headlight and is attached to the inner skin next to the wing.

Does it have anything to do with why the spoiler may have stopped working?

checked your fuses ? the guy who i bought my c off said the spoiler had stopped working so took £150 off the price....turned out to be a fuse had blown ! :lol:

It's not a fuse if the spoiler works at ALL.

Probably a short, or a cable has become disconnected in the shunt.

Have you got a pic? afaik there's only the blower behined there... Mind you, mine's been in and out so many times I don't think anything is where it originally was...

Have you checked the Relay (I think it has one ? might be talking rubbish) if it does have one then it might have gone faulty? where it is tho I havent a clue

HTH

I had this problem, and I took the spoiler unit out to investigate. It's awkward to get out, but once you've taken the motor unit apart you'll see 2 metal runners with teeth in them which push the cables up. You'll also see 2 blue microswitches against the runners, which tell the control unit when the spoiler is up. I think the problem with mine was that one of the switches was sticking. I cleaned them both up and replaced them, and now it lowers.

Try cleaning the switches with contact cleaner to see if that helps. Like I say it's awkward to get the spoiler unit out but solved my problem.