Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

LCD Telly

Wondering what could be possible with this little thing. Normally I wouldn't be bothered about doing tv screens etc in a car but for £90 with all car stuff etc included and remote (inc VAT), its almost tempting!

Just have to figure out where to put it! Are most screens (this is a tv as well) this cheap or am I just out of touch? 7" Size.

Ive got one of these in my work car. For when Im hanging about for a couple of hours waiting for clients.

Nowt adventurous like hard wiring it in, but I do have a cassette addaptor so the sound comes through the main stereo.

the screen is big enough to see clearly and only one pixel is fubar.

Mine was just a dvd player and cost 90 from currys. Not sure about the tv recievers, BTW how can they get you for TV licence with one of those?

:)

ZippyVR6, they've got a detection helicopter mate. I think they fly over the areas where they think they'll find the most 'resting' chauffeurs :)

wheres that from mate?

If I say, it'll get moved by meine fuhrer's to suppliers so I'll pm anyone that needs it. A big enough online retailer. (no not amazon)

ardandy, it's ok to mention the supplier when asking ICE advice... It won't be moved, don't worry.

/takes finger off move button.... ;) :lol:

These screens aren't bad to be honest... I've been playing with the idea of getting a couple and building them into my sunvisors or glovebox lid, but now I've got the engine running properly, I don't think I'd ever be able to watch 'em 'cos I enjoy driving the car too much and most passengers will be too busy hanging on to watch 'em... ;) :twisted: :lol:

http://www.ebuyer.co.uk - £90 inc vat + del

Just wondered if they were v cheap or average nowadays?

Can just picture it.

"why did you crash sir?"

"well officer, no one told me the titanic sank and it was really sad and I........"

Just out of interest does anyone know if these units fit into the cubby hole just below the heater dials? Could be a possible place to fit it.