Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Apologies for being an AmD fanboy...

(I appreciate that not everyone has had good experiences with them but...)

I haven't had the best of luck with my C. I love it to pieces, but I do sometimes wish I'd spent more time researching and getting it checked out before I bought it, oh well you live and learn.

After AmD serviced my C last week, I mentioned that I had oil leaks and steering problems. They diagnosed the steering faults to a fubar'd lower wishbone...

Took it to them today, arrived early (08.30), they said four hours... I left at just before 18.00 (Bicester is a really cr*p place to spend a day :lol:)

Anyway, faulty wishbone, ping, off not a problem. Other wishbone, bolt stuck. Tried everything including drilling it. They came out and said, if the bolt shears you might be looking at a new sub frame, you know, the bit that the engine sits on :shock: Okay, I say, give it go (famous last words)

The bolt sheared.

B@gger.

However, refusing to be beaten, and with much cursing and frowning at one of the office staff when asked if he was okay, our valiant mechanic refused to be beaten... some folding, welding and painting later, he manages to fix it, without having to replace the sub frame (which would have required the engine and gearbox out).

Respect due for a job well done, my C's handling has been miraculously restored.

That's the third time my C has given them such a hard time, but they still keep letting me bring it back to them... :roll:

DtM

Took it to them today, arrived early (08.30), they said four hours... I left at just before 18.00 (Bicester is a really cr*p place to spend a day :lol:)

DtM

what you mean you never went to Bicester Village Factory Outlets....... :wink:

DtM

what you mean you never went to Bicester Village Factory Outlets....... :wink:

Are you kidding? :shock: I need all my spare money to pay for the work on my C!!!! :lol: my credit cards only so big y'know... :wink:

...and it's okay 'cause 'er indoors was just that...

:mrgreen:

DtM.