Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Dodgy Door Locks

Hi all,

Recently Ive been having trouble with my Laserline alarm, where by it keeps chirping when Ive locked the door, but just read on another forum about using it in silent mode, so going to try that.

The trouble is though, if I dont lock the car remotely with the alarm, I have to use the door lock, fine I hear you say, and normally it would be, but, my car doesnt play!!!

If I lock it on the drivers side, it locks initially, but then opens itself almost immediately. Also there is hardly any resistance in the lock, and the barrel can be removed with key fitted!!!

If I lock the car from passenger side, there is more resistance, but only that door locks!!!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? I need help!!!

Also ahould I get the alarm looked at, or just change it??

Cheers guys

Stan

93 Midnight Blue VR6 :cry:

The central locking on C's p***es me off, mine has resorted to activating the total closure as soon as I turn the ignition off, my passenger lock does the same as your drivers lock and my drivers lock does the same as your passengers. :mad:

To lock my car ive had to resort to getting out with the ignition on, having the window open so I can push the button down to lock the doors then taking the key out to close the windows. I can then set the alarm which doesnt lock the doors anymore, but does unlock them as it should. :?

Meanwhile my central locking doesn't, if I use the internal driver's door "button" to lock it. The guidebook says it should, and I'm sure it used to before I had the handle replaced...

Sorry, that's no help for you, but..

One thing that I have heard, however, is that the central locking can get "out of sync". Have a dig around on the forum about this, I can't remember any details.