Sign in to follow this  
Stormer

Help! Is my Storm genuine or not??

Hi guys, as you might already know I have a VR6 Storm for sale on autotrader for the bargain price of £4495ono as I require a quick sale, Classic Green + heated beige leather A/C Cruise etc etc.

Took a deposit on the first day it was for sale as to be fair the car is very good, not mint but very straight and original. The buyer called VW and they couldn't verify it was a Storm which surprises me somewhat as you can understand. Everything about the car shouts original Storm, no-one would go to all that effort to create a storm or would they?

Have any of you had troubles with VW verifying it's Storm status? Anyone know of the best number to call?

Many thanks!

the storms weren't identified as storms on the V5 so I would doubt that VW could confirm it (stand to be corrected). To be honest, the guy could have spole to a cleaner at VW, he still would have "called" VW! :lol:

I am sure a storm, sorry storm owner will be a long soon!

I'm pretty sure VW can verify a car is a Storm, Rodders and other storm owners have advised people to phone up in the past.

no-one would go to all that effort to create a storm or would they?

Errr... possibly.

Classic green, heated leather and AC came on standard late VR's as well. It has storm badges inside and out presumably?

If you're sure it's a storm then you've got nothing to worry about mate. :)

VW can definately verify it- I phoned them about one once with the reg & VIN and they confirmed it within a few seconds.

Thanks for your comments guys. It has all the Storm spec and original badges, it was sold by Autotec 3 yrs ago as a Storm for £9675.00 so they wouldn't sell a fake would they?

I called VW this morning and they confirm it was built in Classic Pearl Effect Green with beige heated leather so this really confirms it for me.

I am sick of this whole "Storm" thing, I mean it's the same as any other VR6 apart from a couple of badges, and I don't even want Storm money for it!!

Thanks Again

you can't type "Corrado" into ebay search without getting people trying to sell you Storm badges etc etc.

people do try and sell VRs as Storms, as the simple fact is, its costs feck all for a few badgers, and bumps the price up quite a bit

Volkswagen should be able to confirm from the VIN and registration whether it is a Storm or not - if they say its not, then i'm afraid its not :(

But you're absolutely right - it is ridiculous, especially in the case of the Green Storms as all that seperates them from a genuine Storm is just a few badges.. in fact we've often joked that you can buy a HIGHER spec VR6 (with other options, etc) for less than you can buy a Storm for, simply because of those badges.

Try VW HQ in Milton Keynes.. they should be able to confirm for you either way. And then, if they say its not, you need to write a letter of complaint to Autotech as that is very shady indeed.

VW Customer Services will confirm if it is a Storm or not.....over the phone.........they will even,if you ask them supply you a letter of authenticity FOC......if they ain't telling you straight away it is then its possibly "Storm" spec.....which tbh is just a leathered up VR6 with met paint :twisted: minus solitudes,badges,Sony CD.....oh and the c/c grille :wink:

Its usually the first the first thing they tell you when you give the chassis or the registration number,they dont even say its a Vr6

They say its a 'corrado storm' as its description.

I checked one and this is what they said to me (99k for 4k btw)

Oh ta for me birthday cake forum :-)

in fact we've often joked

we never joke Jim ;)

gl with it mate, seems VW can tell you :)

Yours is M** COR isn't it, if so definitley is a storm i've sat in it.

Yours is M** COR isn't it, if so definitley is a storm i've sat in it.

well seeing as its just going to be a case of swapping a badge on the centre console and on the rear panel...c/c a grille as well as putting some solitudes on how can you tell if its genuine or not with just sitting in it.........remember classic green/beige leather is the easiest one to replicate for not much money...jedi-knight managed easily enough(can't remember if he put the badges on tho)

AC was an option not a standard fit on corrados

I didn't say it came as standard, I said it came on standard late VR's i.e. not just Storms.