Sign in to follow this  
joby

Porsche Boxter

My mate has just got a Porsche boxter 2.5 in Red, I Twisted his arm to let me have a go last night ! What a car ! Not as fast as i expected though but handled realy well Acceleration was good but seemed to suffer in the mid range and i put this car through its paces my mate asking me to slow down a few times :evil: What a head turner everybody stares, when i got home i washed the corrado and took her out for a spin to realise how well put together the corrado is for a 12 year old car mines only the 1.816v but to be fair the performance is brisk and still keeps up with a lot of todays performance cars, A good VR6 would be a match for the porsche any day 8) I Love my corrado :wink: Sad Ehh

A good VR6 does everything the Boxster 2.5 does, only at a tenth of the price. I had a red 2.5 3 years ago, they look good in red.

ive had boxters try to lose me in a straight line, see the look on his face as im sat on his arse all the way to 140mph lol (private track of course)

My mate has just got a Porsche boxter 2.5 in Red, I Twisted his arm to let me have a go last night ! What a car ! Not as fast as i expected though but handled realy well Acceleration was good but seemed to suffer in the mid range and i put this car through its paces my mate asking me to slow down a few times :evil: What a head turner everybody stares, when i got home i washed the corrado and took her out for a spin to realise how well put together the corrado is for a 12 year old car mines only the 1.816v but to be fair the performance is brisk and still keeps up with a lot of todays performance cars, A good VR6 would be a match for the porsche any day 8) I Love my corrado :wink: Sad Ehh

You think the Boxter is good, take a ride in a 993 911 :lol:

Kev

Good race! You had a fair bit on the VR6. Are both cars standard?

Standard v Standard, a UK spec VR6 would have been level with you as they also get to 60 in 6.9 seconds, according to VW.

Fair play to you though, S2 cabrio 1340Kg plays VR6 1210Kg!

Kev

Just as a note the 944s2 cabriolet is about 147lbs hevier then a coupe.

has a claimed 0-60 of 7.1 and 1/4 of 15.1

Yea, both cars are stock except rim's (he got the car with those rim's) and I had the 993's rims and tires on the 944 because the design 90's had bald rubber.

Later the same night I took my other friends 944 turbo (1987) till mid 3rd gear on full tank and passanger. (against the corrado I did a 3,000 launch because 944's have VW tranny's and they arn't very strong.) as you can see no squeel from me.

Yep 1340Kg is the Cabrio weight.

To be fair you have a 30 horse advantage on your SLC driving friend but then again your car's extra weight didn't appear to swing the odds in the SLC's favour!

LSD+RWD = rapid getway!

Kev

Watching the vid again, theres only about 10 seconds of actual racing, near the end the Corrado doesnt seem to be falling any further back. I wonder what would have happened if the vid was a bit longer. :lol:

I raced him from 55 roll with the same results :roll:

The truth is the corrado has alot shorter gears - as you can see by his change to 2nd around 5-6mph before mine...

BTW.. I weight my car just to see what the real weight was.

2974......... This is exactly 4lbs lighter then my friends 1987 turbo... (it seems the lighter block and pistions made up for the weight)

The 15's its slightly faster (the overall weight of the tires+rim's is 1.5lbs more weight each.)

My car didn't have the D90's on it as my tires were bald on the D90's so I borrowed the Cup 17's off the 993. About .5lbs more each tire+wheel...

So yea as far as that goes I did have an advantage..