Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

OVERHEATING

I have a 92 vr6 SLC. The fan does not come on at all and i think thats why my car over heats and the coolant tank starts to overflow. Is there any way for me to see if its my fan or maybe a switch or even a fuse/relay. I was unable to locate the thermostat as well but i was told its somwhere in deep. If u can also help me out with its location and how too open it, i would be greatful. This is my first car and im having this dam problem but once this is fixed i have great plans for it

Thanks for the help

The thermostat on the VR is on the right of the inlet manifold iirc, and quite easy to get to. As for the fan switch, take the connector off the switch (it's halfway down on one side of the radiator) and bridge across the +ve and -ve terminals - if the fan runs, it's the switch; if not, check you have 12V at the connector. If you do, it's the fan; if you don't, then there's a wiring fault/fuse blown.

The Canadian Corrado Club website has some engine bay shots of an SLC with the parts labelled I think...

hope this helps!