Sign in to follow this  
aki

vr6 tuning

CNC'd pulleys?! For the charger or the crank etc? Could be interested in those!

Cheers for explaining the dynamic CR mate, makes more sense now ;-)

Pulleys are already sorted for the chargers, just say what diameter and they'll be done.

The new ones are for the front crack pulley and should be made from alloy and have swiss cheese resemblance

Price TBA

Chris

264s are doable but you need to know what you're doing with the fuelling and those VR6 vernier cam sprockets Chris posted up would help you no end to get the cams exactly where you want them.

Some yanks have successfully run charged VRs with 268s, it's mainly all in the mapping. Might be a bit peaky with your proposal though as wild cams can have overlap issues with turbos. Personally, I'd run 248s for nice, punchy midrange flyer.

Depending boost levels, most people will advise a drop in CR. I don't really fully understand chris's info above, he can go into it a bit more.

I suspect a Standalone ECU, such as the DTA P8 PRO would be of enormous benefit too.

Cheers kev ! Im just thinking I could maybe run a turbo kit on it at low boost without touching the engine to start with. Then maybe when I want to push the boat out a bit ,fully rebuilt and uprate the engine myself with carefully selected components, more boost or bigger turbo etc?

Yeah definitely. Most stage 1 turbo kits are designed to run on the standard compression and only deliver about 8psi, or maybe 6, but with scope for a lot more when you want! 1 bar with the relevant engine mods done should be really nice and knocking on the doors of 400hp, maybe more with a decent intercooler.

Stage 1 will get you up and running though and you won't need to uprate the transmission.

Stage 2 and higher will defo require a Quaife and an uprated clutch though!

To be honest I don't know mate. You might just get away with as Stage 1 is low boost. What you don't want is your boost blowing out of the exhaust valves before they close, which is something that can and does happen with aggressive cams. You can always bung the standard ones back in if that does happen tho :-)

Yeah I suppose! Anyway the turbo is going to be a little while yet.Going to see if I can get a bit more naturally aspirated power out of her first! :)

Oh my God!

£682 is going to make a rediculous difference to my VR and i reckon it will make me the ownwer of the highest Charged VR torque figure!!!

Chris

as far as cams go i put 268s in my obd2 2.8 with a 6 branch manifold and a proper map it gained 25 bhp and 31 lb ft both at the wheels peak torque comes at 4500 rpm and peak bhp 5800-6000 rpm.

the 268s have done bugger all to the idling its still sweet as a nut it pulls clean from BELOW tickover (obviously usin light throttle) it drives from 16mph an 5th! oh and my rev limiter was raised from 6200 to 6800 doesnt add any power but means 1/4 mile is done in 3rd (95-97mph terminal with 14.69 best time)