Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

fly wheel markings

i need to make new markings on the pullies so i can set up my timimg.

i have a few problems. i 'm running tooth belts which dont have the markings on. so if i can get the fly wheel to tdc i can put a bit of tip ex on it. but on the fly wheel there are 2 mark one tdc and one 6'. which one is tdc. taking the wheel as turning anti clock wise. is it the first or second mark. any help. ta

Best way to do it is find the middle of the dwell angle on piston 1 at TDC.

Pop a long thin bit of wood or a screw driver in the plug hole to rest on the piston. Now back the crank back and forth and somewhere in the middle of where the piston neither moves up nor down is your TDC, and the bell housing pointer should then be pointing at the right marker.

i'v got the cylinder head off. so i can see it. but its only 6' , the piston bearly moves.

the flywheel has been lightned. so all i have is l l

it must be the first line. if the wheel spins anti clock wise tdc would be first then the 6' mark.

i only need to sure. so i can put tipex on the tooth belt. that way i can set up the timimg correctly. any one got a spare fly wheel kicking about in the garage to check it.

Looking from the flywheel side of the engine.... turning the flywheel anti-clockwise.... its the SECOND mark. The first one is 6 degrees BEFORE TDC.