Sign in to follow this  
cromwell

ok this is actually driving me f***ing insane now!!!!!!!!!!

is your radiator fan kicking in before it overheats?

i forgot to re-connect my rad fan switch a while ago and wasnt paying attention to the temp guage while sitting in traffic and the temp went up and boiled the header tank, have you changed the rad fan switch?

I suggest lottysvdub gets a new fan control thermoswitch!

ive already fitted a new one and it didnt seem to work :( so i simply bypassed the system , fan still kicks in if im not paying attention but i can also control the running temp of the car and dont have to worry if im sat in long traffic jams which we get a lot of around this time of year with holiday makers starting to move around :D

Can't be bothered to read all of this thread so appologies if this has already been suggested but replace the screw cap on the header tank. These are very cheap from GSF. If there is a problem with the cap the system will not pressure up and therefore the water will boil very quickly... I had this with the first corrado i ever had and replaced everything before i realised.

The water only boils when it reaches 100 deg. It shouldn't ever reach 100 deg unless you're stuck in traffic.

When the system is held under pressure i.e. the cap is a good one... the water has a higher boiling temperature "i think"... anyway cured mine with identical symptoms... worth a go and not too expensive. Mine would boil sat on the driveway when i still had my old nakered head tank cap on.

Technically it still boils, it's just that the gas doesn't escape violently, as it would when it's open to the 1 atmosphere pressure outside.

Anyway, I think he said the cap had been replaced...

Not confident about the phyisics behind it but fitting a new cap did sort my over heating problem out after changing just about everything else. If its already been changed i'm fresh out of ideas :D

well they took the thermostat out and changed the rad switch thingy and all is fine now :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :D!!!! only problem is i dont have any heat coming out of the heaters :? not a problem atm really but when it gets towards to colder months how would i go about sorting this?

cheers for all the help everybody! wouldnt have the problem sorted without you guys so yeah, thanks! 8)

just ask for some gloves, and big woolie jumper for christmas ;)

glad you can get him/her on the road for the summer mate :)

well they took the thermostat out and changed the rad switch thingy and all is fine now :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :D!!!! only problem is i dont have any heat coming out of the heaters :? not a problem atm really but when it gets towards to colder months how would i go about sorting this?

cheers for all the help everybody! wouldnt have the problem sorted without you guys so yeah, thanks! 8)

Same as me then. As said in earlier post.

As I said bleed the system. loosen the Matrix hoses at the bulkhead and flex them at the entry point of teh matrix. This will enable a stubborn air lock to bleed slowly. This gets it moving. Then when you drive the car the pump works at a higher rate and will then push the airlock out to the water res.