Sign in to follow this  
markievw

lpg conversion??

hi

I own a corrado vr6 and am considering having a lpg gas conversion. Has anyone had this done or seen it done? Are there any problems?

Am going to keep the car for a while now so i expect to get the £1500 back in about 2-2.5 years.

cheers

mark

hello markievw, i was ( but not now ) considering doing this to my vr at some stage, i was swayed at the cost of lpg at 39p a litre, if you speak to walesy he will be able to fill you in a bit on lpg vehicles having spent sometime driving about in one, should be a good move the way fuel keeps going up and up :thumbleft:

... should be a good move the way fuel keeps going up and up :thumbleft:

.. until the government decides that LPG should be taxed the same way as petrol and diesel, that is..

(Which they did shortly after diesel was introduced, despite it's much improved efficiency.)

I Have an LPG vr6 and drives prefectly and halfs my fuel bills! :)

brought the car already converted so had no big out lay, but cost him £2000 for a multi point system with which you cant notice the differance between gas and petrol.

wouldnt bother with single point injection as basic and noticably power loss.

Also I can’t see the government putting the tax up as they base it on emissions and lpg is very green

but you never know with them....

Quite a bit as boot small already, but saying that i still got a 2 foot long amp and a 12" sub in there!

after all that i could prob fit 4 bags of shopping in there.... pretty FULL

no pic and car is in garage getting goodies fitted, going to do a gallery when all done you could have a look then

SOme of the vapourisers have a filter on them

they could be changed every two years

apart from that its quite clean.

I would be tempted to use petrol every so often though,

its quite hard on the valves.

I worked for an lpg company for 15 years,its not talked about but its common enough,multipoint is the only way to go.

slight power loss too as its only about 90+ octane

oh and LPG is creeping up but still under half the price of a litre of petrol it gives less MPG as well litre for litre

A doughnut tank in the place of the spare wheel, the larger one would take all of the space!

Yes but is the only one to consider, single point only really suitable for a run around motor not a performace motor