Sign in to follow this  
willg95vr6

abs vagcom too many comms error

the abs light comes on sometimes and does not reset until the ignition is switched off and back on. i know there are lots of "my abs light is on" but i plugged in the vagcom and it said the above fault, i have attached a screen print of the fault.

Or do you thinkis is a typical, bleed the brakes systme replace the abs sensors.

also in the attachment there is the general running of the car, does everything look ok to you.

Will

ps my appologies if i havent managed to attach the file correctly

Seems to me there's a problem with the ABS controller itself (the electronics), or the wiring loom between there and the ECU.

Hi - I have the same symptoms on my car and it has been into VW a number of times - in fact it's still there. Have a sad feeling the knowledge about the Corrado has long left this particular garage. Unfortunately, I can't say there is a particular pattern to when my lights comes on. If and if VW sort this out I will pass on their fault report. Thanks

Im getting the exact same error codes, although the ABS light is functioning perfectly. I still havent got to the bottom of it yet!

One other thing, how come my version of VAG-COM doesnt display the Measuring Blocks like on that screenshot?

Given that we don't know what version of VAG-COM you're using, it's hard to answer that question!

Given that we don't know what version of VAG-COM you're using, it's hard to answer that question!

It's 409.1 OK!

Dunno mate. I've got version 311 and it looks like that screenshot, so not sure what might be up with yours!

Did anyone get to the bottom of this comms issue with the ABS? I got a similar error today, although this was in a pop-up box:

VAG-COM: Session Unreliable

Too many communications errors to continue!

Any ideas?

Did anyone get to the bottom of this comms issue with the ABS? I got a similar error today, although this was in a pop-up box:

VAG-COM: Session Unreliable

Too many communications errors to continue!

Any ideas?

I get that message when I try to read my vr's abs. There's nothing wrong with my ABS.

T.

sorry a bit slow replying but i was using version 409.1. it only picks up the error sometimes, which is when the ABS light comes on. When the abs light does not come on i do not receive any errror.

I dont know if its related but my brakes seem grawnchie (however you spell that) thi may well be efgfecting the sensors i dont know, but i suppose this doesnt explain why the comm's are intermittant

Maybe I'll just give it another go then. Comms issue might be why occasionally my light comes on and stays on, maybe a dodgy connection somewhere as dr_mat suggested.