Sign in to follow this  
localhost.80

Flywheel Marking ...IDLE4,500-5000rpm(UDATE URGENT 05/22/06)

I am trying to set my timing on my 1990 G60 Corrado

but I a stuck because each time I line up the timming marks on the crankshaft pulley with the intermediate pully it does NOT line up tdc on the flywheel marking "|" also I have removed & replaced the belt (damaged)and the crankshaft bolt DX with locking washer(center)recently. and have sent the dizzy at 12 O'Clock

and replaced spark plugs with firing order @ 1-3-4-2 with notch at 12O 'clock. And recently each time at I turn the ignition switch on it cranks about a half turn and dies out.

THANKS, I been going CRAZY for about a week trying to figure this out. also

do I crank the engine clockwise or counterwise and I seem to have a vaccum hose diconnected on my throttle hose connects to ac/multi is this a required hose?

can you not stick a long screwdriver down no 1 cylinder to find proper tdc,then mark on crank pulley? then work from there

ok just to make sure, so I wont bend any valves later down the road.

I have sent the flywheel @ first TDC marking and not the 6 degrees one, next I

aligned up camshaft marking,crank pully and intermediate shaft("v","o" marks) and new DX bolt with washer and threadlock at torque specs. placed a new belt and tensionizer then

cranked engine twice to make sure marking are correct, next I set the rotor and notch timing at 12'clock and turn crank @ 6 degrees mark, set firing order at 1,3,4,2 with new bosch sparkplugs with gap@ 0.24. Is this correct

its strange this...

my crankshaft pully mark dosn't line up with my flywheel mark either,and the keyway/crank pully are mint.never understood it :?

yes the dizzy gets stuck . remove the bolt and plate. turn the engine over this should loosen it. dont try to bash it off.you could damage the hallsender,

hall sender yellow wire broke and my freaking dumb ass brother-law removed my distributor and I think I might of lost my timing :censored:. Need some help in

installing distributor and/or fixing hallsender wire(yellow)

installing dzzy is a peaise of pi55. check out where the number one notch is. remove dizz. put in new one. after a litttle oil on the seal. put lead back on. best to solder the broken one. or if it has broken on the connector, go to brakers. find any digifant car. cut wires off new connector. solder the shrink wrap connectors. fire up car. get warm. turn dizzy till you get a good idle. go test. yippie