Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

problems fitting scorpian exhaust?

just been to get a scorpian oval style backbox fitted, but the garage had problems in that it made contact with the boot floor, so they said it'd probably knock and bang a fair bit, they're calling scorpian tomorrow to find out whats going on, but i wondered if anyone else with the same backbox had had a simular experiance? its deffinatly the right box for the car... 1.8 16v. bit narked at the moment as i've waited over a month for it to turrn up! :x

i had exactly the same problem on my 1.8 16v, it seems that scorpion didnt measure up very well when they released this exhaust. i ended up having the whole lot removed and a full stainles system put on (not a scorpion)

jim

Jim - what exhaust did you go for ? I need to replace mine (cat back) and so far I've narrowed it down to either Supersprint or Milltek, as I want to keep it looking stock and not interested in waking the neighbours.

Cheers,

David

i had a custom stainless one built on the car for the same price as a magnex without the fitting charge. it looks food, fits perfectly, sounds fine and you can choose the tailpipe design from one of literally hundreds. email me if you want the details for the comapny. they are in sheffield but i think they have branches in other parts of the country.

jim

i've had to have my supersprint zorst welded at all the join to stop it twisting at the joins. I also have uprated zorst rubbers and they work a treat, especially as my C is lowered and the rear beam axel is closer to the zorst now

The shop ('Revolution' in newcastle/gateshead for those that know it) have said that scorpian want the box back, and that they think theres a 'design fault' with them. I asked for alternatives and all the guy could find was a Peco twin-square pipe, which is nothing like the one i wanted!

Fair enough the early 1.8's have no cat so theres less available for them, but there must be something else 'off the shelf' out there? i cant really afford the extra £150ish for a full custom system :(