CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Went to Castle Combe last Saturday and had a bit of a thrash around the track. Was joined by DazyCrave and Vornwend. Dazy was my much needed navigator, for my first ever track session- twas initially a little daunting, but it's amazing how much you improve in a short time :)

Dave was on form (unitentially!)- we hired our helmets, and I said 'I'm off to the loo,' Dave replied 'I;ll hold it for you,' :lol: Then, when watching the in car video of the track run he was shouting 'Hard-on, hard-on!' :lol: Spending too much time with Tom?

Lap times:

1. 2:09 :shock: :lol:

2. 1:54

3. 1:47

4. 1:42

5: 1:37 8)

Would love to have an instructor session sometime...

Well, for those that don't know, I'm getting (yet another! :roll:) Rado! I wasn't looking to get another at all- plan was (still is) to find a minty low mileage VR6 in around 4 years time. However, I saw the ad for this and was intrigued! It was only a few minutes up the road... There are some pics here - I tried to copy them over into this thread, but it just says 'extension not allowed' :confused4: I'll get some more when I pick her up on Tuesday.

It's stunning! :D :shock: :norty: :nuts: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: Took a while to persuade Mrs Cazza to part with her 1999 Focus, but she saw the good reasoning behind the swap in the end. I honestly don't think it will cost any more to maintain than a 10 year old Focus. It will probably be cheaper in all honesty, as it's had everything changed!Was a little worried about selling the Crocus in the current climate, but it went within a day!

The 16v feels slow compared to the vRS, but then that's running 220-230bhp vs 150-ish. Speed isn't the point here, and at least I'll still be able to drive the vRS pretty much when I want 8)

Here's the spec:

Body

Full bare shell professional re-spray.

Built back up with Genuine VW trim:

Roof Gutters, 90mm front spoiler, side rubbing strips, headlights, window seals.

Chassis

All new bushes throughout including anti-roll bar.

New brake discs and reconditioned calipers all round, upgraded to 280mm G60 at the front.

New flexible hoses throughout.

Weitec Ultra GT suspension kit lowering 40mm.

Original Sebring alloys profressionally reconditioned.

Engine

TSR Performance fitted PackA gas flowed head, including new followers, cambelt and tensioner.

Stainless steel 4 branch manifold.

Full Supersprint exhaust system.

K&N airfilter element.

New radiator

New clutch

New battery

New ignition coil and hall effect sensor.

Stereo

Apline single CD headunit.

Infinity component speakers in doors and dash.

Infinity upgraded speakers in rear.

Don't want to change anything around too much, so will leave it as is for the mo. Maybe in the future I'll go for some 16" BBS or Borbet C wheels + I can't live with orange tail lights! Dunno whether to go down the aftermarket route or just paint them all red :confused4:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, knew you'd be back!

Red tails on a black C are what I dream of :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

Good to have you back in true Corrado land. :clap:

I saw the advert and thought it looked like a stunning car. Some cracking bargains around at the mo.

That's the way I'm leaning TBH... guess I'll need green bulbs?

Good to have you back in true Corrado land. :clap:

I saw the advert and thought it looked like a stunning car. Some cracking bargains around at the mo.

Thanks, Judith. It is stunning- recon it's got concourse potential, but doubt whether I'll ever have the time to find out + I'm too lazy :lol: It was pretty much top whack for a 1.8 16v, but there is NOTHING that will need doing. Everything that I would do, has pretty much already been done. Much better to spend a bit more for real quality.

Knew you couldn't last 4 years, Andy! Good work, looks stunning :)

Cheers, Stu 8) You coming to CCGB National Day?

That's the way I'm leaning TBH... guess I'll need green bulbs?

Got a set of all red rears if you're interested mate - can bring em to National Day for you? They're a home tint job but look pretty good IMHO. Would need green bulbs definately as they don't flash particularly orange.....

Hi Jim, it's tempting, although I'd prob do them myself to save money (very, very skint! :( ). How much would you be after for them?

Unfortunately not mate. No shows for me this year, the wedding is taking ALL our money. Next year I'll be all over it! :D

Unfortunately not mate. No shows for me this year, the wedding is taking ALL our money. Next year I'll be all over it! :D

That's a shame :( I remember very well about wedding-skintness. Next it will be kid-skintness for you! :lol: It's a downward spiral :lol: The kids are totally worth it- not sure the wedding is though :lol: Seriously though, our wedding was the best day of my life- brilliant :D All the best with it...

Hi Jim, it's tempting, although I'd prob do them myself to save money (very, very skint! :( ). How much would you be after for them?

Just a swap for your existing lights if they're in good nick? I had some lined up to swap for my smoked tinted ones and they're apparently damaged and the seller decided against parting with them.. I just want some OE untinted rear lights! :)

organise your own show at home then!

Just a swap for your existing lights if they're in good nick? I had some lined up to swap for my smoked tinted ones and they're apparently damaged and the seller decided against parting with them.. I just want some OE untinted rear lights! :)

It's a deal, mate (providing we're both happy with them) :D Swap at National Day? Guess I have to spray my bulbs green then? Don't expect you can buy them green :shrug:

Steve (Supercharged) picked up a tin of a sort of clear coat green paint from a model shop - little tin of Humbrol stuff. Was £1. Reckon it would probably do the job - just paint over your existing bulbs! I just didn't get that far to trying it out - as the Corrado wasn't being used daily, there was no real need.

Just seen the new mota in the flesh - absolutely stunning :shock: - factory fresh feel on the outside, immaculate paint, trim and alloys - not a mark on her guv :)

Well done Andy, this one should definitely be kept :roll: Not much needed to get her into concourse class I'd say 8)

Good to catch up earlier :) Glad you like it- the exterior is fantastic! The interior and engine bay would require a little work for concourse. Maybe I can blag some time in the summer hols 8) The Storm is looking minty too 8)

Gotta get this 'getting stuck in reverse' sorted first. Will have a good look at it later and try some more adjustment... :roll: :?

Oh yeh, I'll get some pics up too ;)

Right, washed it last night. Just need to Jetseal and wax today and I'll get some pics up. Got a bra to protect the bonnet- not dead keen tbh, but there's not a single chip and I want to keep it like that ;)

Dunno what to do with the car tbh. Do I keep it looking standard or do I go oem+ with some 16" Borbet Cs or BBSs? :shrug: Really can't decide- not a big fan of the Sebrings, but there's something special about a minty standard car...

Got brand new red 16v badges for grille and rear- think I'll fit those and go with black VW badges. Alternative is leave the 16v badges and change the black Corrado badge for a chrome one... decisions, decisions!

Niiiiice Andy!

It does look very concourse and lovely!

My thoughts about it - slam it to the floor with a wide-boy kit :lol: :lol:

Nah seriously though mate I bet ur over the moon!! :D

I didn't use to be a fan of sebrings either but on a valver they just look right.

With newer generations of VW's coming out all the time it is nice to have a few cars out there preserving the factory feel.

The dilema we all face. :)

Niiiiice Andy!

It does look very concourse and lovely!

My thoughts about it - slam it to the floor with a wide-boy kit :lol: :lol:

Nah seriously though mate I bet ur over the moon!! :D

Cheers! The pics don't do it justice at all :? Could defo get exterior up to concourse standard pretty easily, but the interior and engine bay would take some work & £, which I don't have!