CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Ya I think its over fueling and running rather rich, Black exhuast tip, over run when i lift off the throttel and depress the clutch and my mpg is in the region of a VR after a heavey drive :lol: Got 28 mpg out of it on the motorway the other day only doing 70 :(

There's obviously something amiss. Have you checked the plugs?

I've had a look but couldnt see anything but Dave said he will have a thorough look around to find whats wrong

It is indeed, im never a fan and worry the car will fail...

12 more months of happy Rado ownership ahead then mate..

Cheers chaps :)

Quick update- spent the day at DG yesterday. Had a great day- frustrating at times, but got a lot done in the end :salute:

New gear cables, selector bushings etc have absolutely transformed my gear change! I can push it around with one finger now! 8)

Unfortunately, Dave (or was it Chris?) managed to break my water pump :lol: It had been weeping slightly for a while judging from the pink moustaches, and thankfully the guys had a nearly new one lying around. Was an absolute PITA to change! The bolts just didn't want to line up when putting the new one on, but we got there in the end.

Did a couple of other little jobs- rear wheel baring, a little underseal hear and there, secured the loose driveshaft weight etc. All in all a really productive day.

A huge thankyou to the boys for theIR fantastic expertise and attention to detail that sets them apart from the rest. Also a big thanks to Chris, who mucked in too! 8)

Not getting any heat from the heater and now the rad has sprung a leak! :bad-words: It never rains!

Must be an air lock, but had a good go at getting rid of it today, to no avail :( All the pipes seem full of coolant, inc the heater ones, + they all get hot after a while. Any ideas?

Thankfully the matrix is OK :) Turned out to be the bypass valve :roll:

So, last night I did the following:

Drained coolant

Changed radiator

New rad fan switch

Changed flange/o-ring on side of head

Deleted the heater bypass valve and replaced with copper pipes (thanks for the tip, Dave!)

New coolant

Car is now running really well, with no leaks (so far) and the heater is working properly again.

glad you got the gear cables done, I remember how bad it was at Cosford, hope you've got them well shielded from the manifold downpipe now :)

glad you got the gear cables done, I remember how bad it was at Cosford, hope you've got them well shielded from the manifold downpipe now :)

Thanks, David :) Yep, they've got some special DG shielding 8) The gearchange is fantastic now :clap:

Quick update:

Fitted new Vibratechnics rear mount, VW OEM gearbox mount and new bolts all round, except for one of the rear bolts- the VT one supplied is nowhere near long enough so had to re-use the old one. I was getting a horrible crunching on quick getaways in 1st gear- originally thought it was due to the solid front mount, but was still there after changing to a VT. Then found that the driveshaft weight was loose when the car was at DG. Secured it with a couple of jubilees- still crunching :(

Had a good look at the other mounts- GB mount looked perfect, but rear mount was very rusted and ancient (must've been the original). After changing these, no more crunching! :clap: The rear mount rubber was pretty good, but obviously not good enough.

Also changed a couple of earth straps and added a battery cover. Amazing what a difference something like a battery cover makes to the engine bay-

much tidier now 8)

Only got a few little jobs to finish on the car now- removing the foam residue from under the bonnet, getting the tiny bonnet ding sorted etc etc.

Oh yeh, also needs a damn good clean! :lol:

Good stuff Andy. You'd need to be pretty hardy to wash the car in these temps! Where did you get the battery cover from? - been meaning to get one for ages

I saw a black valver on the M6 today, would this have been you Andy?

Hi Michael, nah not me I'm afraid. Missing your Corrado yet? ;)

Good stuff Andy. You'd need to be pretty hardy to wash the car in these temps! Where did you get the battery cover from? - been meaning to get one for ages

I was absolutely freezing working in the garage. Not pleasant! Got the battery cover from VW- smidge under £20 8)

do you know the part no for the batt cover. been meaning to get one but I think there are 2 different sizes

I was determined to give mine the once over as even though it's now a 'weekend car' I've still been taking it out to keep the battery in some kind of health. Luckily I live about 30 seconds drive from a garage with a jetwash so pre-filled a bucket with warm water and a drying cloth, gave the car a very quick going over in the jetwash and back for a quick drying session before sticking it back in the garage again!! But you're right - takes some major league motivation to wash any car in this weather!!

I was determined to give mine the once over as even though it's now a 'weekend car' I've still been taking it out to keep the battery in some kind of health. Luckily I live about 30 seconds drive from a garage with a jetwash so pre-filled a bucket with warm water and a drying cloth, gave the car a very quick going over in the jetwash and back for a quick drying session before sticking it back in the garage again!! But you're right - takes some major league motivation to wash any car in this weather!!

I washed my car on friday as I got a pressure washer 8) and as I was cleaning it the water was freezing onto the car.

Oh and the ground around it so I wasnt the most popular person that day :grin:

Discovered today that my O/S rear arch has been hit by some ignorant shit in my work carpark. Dented, scratched and got loads of red paint from the other car... should help me track down the culprit... hopefully! :censored: Will get a pic up tomorrow.

Discovered today that my O/S rear arch has been hit by some ignorant **** in my work carpark. Dented, scratched and got loads of red paint from the other car... should help me track down the culprit... hopefully! :censored: Will get a pick up tomorrow.

We must kill who ever this was.

hopefully it wont cost too much to fix :(