CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Really sorry to hear that mate :( Hope it gets fixed soon. I'm guessing no witnesses?

Nope, doesn't look like it. Easy enough to find the culprit if it's someone who works at school, but there are loads of parents who use the carpark after school to pick up their kids from the after school club :(

On the bright side it could of been alot worst :(

Also I hate the little round about thingy thats in charfield as you head into it from wotton unde redge :bad-words: didnt see it as there was a car in front of me and cliped the stupid thing that goes around the edge of it :(

Luckly wasnt going that quick so no damage done

pointless thing :mad2:

Nope- initially thought I'd found the culprit: red car, scuffed bumper + a tiny bit of black paint. On closer inspection, the damage on hers was too high + she swore blind she hadn't done it (she's a friend and I believe her- she actually hit my last valver and came to see me straight away). Don't fancy my chances to be honest. Reckon it was a delivery van/truck, or a parent :(

Yet more £££ :bad-words:

FFS. Having a car you actually care about is an expensive and painful experience, when so many other people don't give a sh!t about you or your car! Good luck getting it sorted. Have you got a good / trusted bodyshop, mate?

Shut it, Swomp-boy! :nono: :lol: Not gonna sell, don't worry.

Jim, got two very good places (one of which actually did the respray on the car a couple of years ago), but they are both very expensive :(

Jon- it crossed my mind. Proving something like this is nigh on impossible though :(

Hahaha sorry it had to be said :D

Hope you can get it sorted pronto and not to much money.

My brakes still ent working right :( so trip to DG next week :D

Hahaha sorry it had to be said :D

Hope you can get it sorted pronto and not to much money.

My brakes still ent working right :( so trip to DG next week :D

TBH, I wouldn't drive too much with it like that. It was stupidly hot :? Have found a potential fix for siezed calipers (one on the vRS is on it's way out). External springs from an Audi A3! Haven't checked the calipers on either of our cars to see if they'll fit yet, but it's a brilliant idea for well under a tenner 8) clicky

Did you copper slip the back of the pads? Were the sliders in decent condition? What pads did you use?

Ya I'm going to be doing minimum miles between now and my trip to DG :(

I copper greased the back of the pads, the sliders and calipers looked fine. I've just got some Febi pads on the back which are only about 1000 miles old or so.

The strange thing is it isnt all ways hot. When I came to yours it was at its worst. some times it will be fine and work perfictly :brickwall:

Will have a read through that link in a second

Sounds like the spring is being tempremental and not always returning the calipers to the off position when the handbrake is released. Have you noticed any drop in mpg?

Sounds like the spring is being tempremental and not always returning the calipers to the off position when the handbrake is released. Have you noticed any drop in mpg?

Well in the last few months its not be great maybe 32 at best

Is there supposed to be springs on the calipers asI cant remember seeing any on mine :?

Shame. Wouldnt have thought is was Royal mail as all their vans have the bare plastic bumpers. Ive had this happen a few times and there is nothing you can do about it other then wrap the car in cotton wool. Its a total bummer but part of having a car that you care about. I was saving up for a respray in the summer but came to the conclusion that until I have a house with driveway or garage its not worth it.

Is there supposed to be springs on the calipers asI cant remember seeing any on mine :?

Springs are internal, but the Audi's have them to make double sure in case the internal one goes AFAIK.

Shame. Wouldnt have thought is was Royal mail as all their vans have the bare plastic bumpers. Ive had this happen a few times and there is nothing you can do about it other then wrap the car in cotton wool. Its a total bummer but part of having a car that you care about. I was saving up for a respray in the summer but came to the conclusion that until I have a house with driveway or garage its not worth it.

Agreed- defo not worth having a respray if the car is on the road. Thankfully, mine is garaged, but that doesn't help at work! :(

Springs are internal, but the Audi's have them to make double sure in case the internal one goes AFAIK.

Ahhh right. Spoken to Graham today and he has a set of caliper on the way ready for next week :clap:

Just going to limp around the next few days and do as little miles as possible :(

Red paint - royal mail van maybe

or santas sledge :|

Thanks mate, not thought about that one- I'll pay him a visit! :lol:

Spoken to Graham today and he has a set of caliper on the way ready for next week :clap:

Just going to limp around the next few days and do as little miles as possible :(

Ouch- another load of dosh :( At least you know they'll be great for a few years :( though 8)

Spoken to Graham today and he has a set of caliper on the way ready for next week :clap:

Ouch- another load of dosh :( At least you know they'll be great for a few years :( though 8)

Ya not to bad tho they are hopfully off of Drew's G60 so not to much.

might look into getting my old ones refurbished and finished like these In option two plated silver 8)

Will send off the calipers I've got ready for the fronts off to this place as well befor fitting them

http://www.biggred.co.uk/caliperpricing.html

Yeh, they look good :)

Checked my calipers, and they have the springs on the outside. The vRS has them internally, like in that Briskoda thread. Dont think you can buy them separately for the C :(

Yeh, they look good :)

Checked my calipers, and they have the springs on the outside. The vRS has them internally, like in that Briskoda thread. Dont think you can buy them separately for the C :(

Ahh cool will have to look into some once I've sorted the rears :D