Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Two Stage Door Check Strap

This strap/hinge thing has started playing up making clonk clicking noise when opening and shutting the door!

There seems to be a lot of play in the part that is painted at the hole in the body ,compared to the other passenger door. Has anyone had the same problem? Can I get to the back of this by taking the plastic cover off inside the foot well and tighten something up,or replace the strap?

Any help would be great !

Noone had any problems with this ? Maybe Im the first ?

cant say i have fella, give us a min and i`ll have a look at my vr as the interior is out at the moment ............. be right back

can't help but mine makes a racket too, almost embarassing. Keep meaning to have a look when the door cards off next, but I never get round to it.

I did this a little while back, and yes it did solve it! But I think it might be somthing else now ? Theres a lot of movement from the painted part that it bolts to!

Anything to report gaz?

sorry for the delay, got caught on the phone then just forgot !!

you may well have a certain amount of ovality due to wear in the painted part / checkstrap, i`d remove the bolt and check it out VRTrickster, i quess the only answer if it`s badly worn is to go up a bolt size, an angle drill should be able to get in the door shut to redrill the hole `round` again if need be

Do you know what happens inside the body?The painted bit that it joins?

Cheers for looking!

the check strap on my vr dissappears into the door rather than dissappearing into the bodywork, the painted bit is the anchor on the A post :thumbleft:

i know what tis,but dont know how to fix it,its the bracket behind the a post.it double skinned so where the checkstrap bolts to it you can fold the first skin back(bit early for that!) then you can see behind that the bracket has come away from a post