Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Show us your Campaigns!

I'd love one of the even rarer 16vG60's that we never really even knew about.

On our trip round Karmann they confirmed that the Campaign was definately trimmed in the Karmann trim shop in Germany (contrary to the rumours that suggested they were bought over from Germany and trimmed here in the UK) but they also let on that there were a handful of 16VG60's which were built up and tested by Karmann also. The remains of one apparently live in the basement of the Karmann Museum and obviously we would quite like to see that when we go over to Germany again in August! :)

Don't think aircon was standard - they shoulda put some special Campaign badges on the back and knob surround though.

No - there was no air con. I only know this because Jeremy Bromley was considering adding it to his Campaign.. I tried to argue my point quite strongly that it would be a crying bloody shame if he did that - hopefully he saw where I was coming from!

Don't think aircon was standard - they shoulda put some special Campaign badges on the back and knob surround though.

Even though they didn't come with badges, I believe they did come with the word 'Corrado' and a motif of a sprinter embossed on the leather headrests. Can't find a pic of it tho. :?

not mine sadly, and im not really sure wher the pic came from but here ya go

Only just saw this thread!

Thats me car there :)

Is the dash leathered?

yep tis leather too, I think theres a whole heard of longhorns gone into the inside of my car!!!!

And yes you do need the 8) in there although you get used to it after a while and it always comes up "redder" in photo's.

I can be a bit strenuous to drive with a hangover :)

Assuming these things don't change hands very often, what kind of premium are you looking at to own one??

Would they be ridiculous money??

And are there only six worldwide or six in the uk??

Assuming these things don't change hands very often, what kind of premium are you looking at to own one??

Would they be ridiculous money??

And are there only six worldwide or six in the uk??

Hmm not sure about the premium of owning one difficult to call really.

Obviously owning one myself I would love to think they would be ridiculous money and that I was sat on a goldmine but at the end of the day anything is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!

And yes there were only 6 in the UK but we know for definate that one was written off in the late 90's so there are only 5 left in the world! :)

six worldwide...

No-ones sold one (that we know of) in at least 3 or 4 years, so price wise? Who knows?

I believe it is about 4 years now, as that's when Jimbo bought his, and they don't often come up for sale ;)

As for Majik's "replica" he didn't get the dashboard, so it's only half a Campaign (and a G60 to boot ;) )

The MonteCarlos were an optional extra on pre-facelift VR6s, not just Campaigns, I've got some pics and an article on Paddy Hopkirk test driving a very early (J-Plate) VR6 with MonteCarlos on.

As for price premium, I'd love to believe it has loads of premium and that I'd be beating people off with a stick if I put her up for sale, but I can't see it happening really as only people "in the know" would consider it to be any more valuable, and people "not in the know" would probably prefer a "Storm" as they've more than likely heard of them :sigh:

But, hey, I'm not selling anyway, so value is immaterial.

Hey Jim, sorry to dissapoint, I'm still not put off the idea of Air-Con, as I don't believe it would be too out of place in "the ultimate spec", and I don't think many people would even notice, just not enough money or time to sort it out at the mo. Maybe in years to come ;)

being so rare is surely a good thing - but personally that red interior just doesn't do it for me! horses for courses