Sign in to follow this  
rolex

creeking

fitted some fk highsports bout 3week ago, just over a week ago i heard a creeking sound from n/s/f which ive only heard at low low speed(parking) you get a slight creek when pulling away then i dont here it any more. got it 4wheel aligned today an the bloke thinks its the n/s/f spring turning/spinning.......(the cars only used wkends an a couple nights in the week).......question is will this cause damage?

what can i do to fix it?

is it a problem? do i need to fix it?,dont fancy taking suspsion off,ill have to get it aligned again wont i?

thanks.

try jacking the car up on the offending corner so the spring is at its full travel and then try spraying a decent lubricant aronud the spring top and the strut top mount plate and the strut base , wd40 isnt the stuff to use you really want a sticky spray or something like white grease , you should be able to get these from any decent car factors , failing that you may well have to drop the strut out and grease with LM grease :)

what more was said by the mechanic? From what you've said, it all sounds wrong - why would the spring rotate/spin? This could only happen if the spring was shorter than the length of the shock-stroke = wrong.

:?: , :!:

And whats this 'grease' it up? Is this common practice on a lowered car?

Be sure you dont let it drip onto your discs.

what more was said by the mechanic? From what you've said, it all sounds wrong - why would the spring rotate/spin? This could only happen if the spring was shorter than the length of the shock-stroke = wrong.

:?: , :!:

And whats this 'grease' it up? Is this common practice on a lowered car?

Be sure you dont let it drip onto your discs.

:roll: the comment about greasing up strut top mounts is very common practice in the motor trade , ive been doing my job for 20 years and i couldnt tell you how many times ive had to do this even to brand new cars and never once had a problem after doing so , and if grease drips on to the discs then you have put to much on, a little common sense is required when doing this very minor task , :norty: when i 1st got my corrado the steering was crap and the strut top mounts shagged so ive replaced the lot with full koni with new mounts and when putting to gether yes i greased all the mount points to prevent any creaking noises when on a lock or going over any large bumps and my car has been lowered by 50 mm so it dont make a difference to a lowered car

why would the spring rotate/spin?

sorry, i prob used the wrong words there, it doesnt spin as in spin spin, but think theres just movment there so causes abit of creeking